Can you Identify + little help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mintminty59

Reaction score
Hey guys , well let me first explain what happend. I popped a cali orange , and unfortunatly at only a few days old i snapped the stem almost off. I thought disaster had struck but I burried her deep down for support , and I waterd using the mist method and holy moly. As you can see from the photos shes exploided into something I have never seen before. Can anyone else identify whats happend as she looks nothing like a cali.
ALso she has developed some small issues which you can see in some of the photos. Now this plant is about 10 days old.

Any help would be fantastic

shes in seeding compost (should have food for 6-8 weeks)
250w Red Envirolite ( they seem to love this more than blue)
Waterd daily with a fine mist into soil while light is off for 1 hour
Light cycle 23 on 1 off.

DSCF3006.JPG

DSCF3007.JPG

DSCF3008.JPG

DSCF3009.JPG

DSCF3010.JPG

DSCF3011.JPG

DSCF3012.JPG

DSCF3013.JPG

DSCF3014.JPG

Just let her grow it out. I sprouted a few seeds once that ended up looking like that, and I think its sheerly stress related. Keep her vegging though and I bet she starts to sprout normal/symmetric growth.

whats the ph? whats the temps? and how close is that bulb to the foilage. a lil browning and crisping of the leaf, mutated looking with edges rollin inward. light to close heat and a ph issue. leave the lights on all the time or on a 18/6 cycle. the one hr off will just confuse the plant.

id say, get a ph meter, back the light off and keep the temps cool. if i didnt seee a crisping of the edges in some places i would only think it was heat and the light.

Rgr that , I will lower the plant down a touch. Also have you seen such a strange growth pattern on a cali before

well some plants will have a mutated looking growth sometimes because there old gen ibls and even some of thir parantage might have the triat... take for example dj shorts BB. this plant is a witch with a B sometimes. funky slow growth in veg then in bloom it explodes. then other times phenos will be so nitpicky on nutes and ph it gets tiresome. i crossed some good dj short phenos with a male WW and ended up with half the plants being bomb and the other phenos being terrible in veg.

if its cali strians then yes ive grown some of them with no problems...cali -0 was nice but idt it was from cali.

if its a new strian named cali then no.

"Waterd daily with a fine mist into soil"

If it was ME I would throw away the mister and fix the watering schedule.

OK thanks for that info , so I have a pheno then should be very intresting. I will keep at it and see what happens. Its growing at a alarming rate

Latest posts

Back