Can't wait...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakenjan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a few weeks away from harvesting my first grow :woohoo:

Quite chuffed, lots of losses in the beginning, 2 male plants, left with 2 Durban Poison plants and 3 Durban Posion skunk plants. at least I don't walk away empty handed!

Some personal lessons I learned:
- Growing in the window sill is fine to germinate but that's it.
- Plants stretch for light in the window sill (even in summer) and develop
larger leaves, not good as it formers a canopy stealing a lot of light from
the bottom leaves.
- The gaps between branches got a lot smalles when the plans were
moved outside in a greenhouse and the leaves leave got thinner
- Outdoor growing works fine but is a pain once the flowering starts

I have built a grow cupboard, the flowering section is complete and plants were moved into the cupboard, going for 4 weeks on sunday. Will have the vegging section ready by harvest time.

It is a real pleasure growing in a cupboard! Will not do it any other way unless I have no other choice!

Plants are flowering nicely and leaves are ever thinner.

Not sure if the leaves thing is due to the amount of light or is just genetics?

For the next round I am planting some Master Kush, Afghan, Pure Power Plant and Skunk #1, and White Whidow seeds!

I would like to take some cuttings from the Durban Poison plants, can I take some from the flowring plants just before harvest time or not?

Thanks to all the bro's on the forum for their advice during my first grow, much needed at the time and much appreciated! :headbang2:

I read I must hanfe the plants upside down after harvest to dry, any ideas on how long the drying period takes?

Brakenjan... IMHO you should have taken the clones 2 weeks ago or before... its not easy to take a flowered cutting and re-veg it... much easier when the plant is just entering flowering better when its still in veg... good luck on the harvest and next grow... looking forward to seeing a possible grow journal on the next grow... smoke in peace!

Latest posts

Back