Central Virginia outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 90

Summertime. That is all. Bugs chirping, plants growing. Temperatures and humidity have been unusually and thankfully low the past few days. Looking good for the next week or two.

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 6.12.14 PM.jpg

The Days Between. Everybody on vacation. Regular Wednesday bluegrass jam cancelled.

Here's a closeup look at the runty oddball plant. What the heck? Wife says it smells like mint. I say it smells like bubblebum. Is there a bubblegum strain? These flowers look so different from what I'm used to seeing...not that I have all that much experience, but still. The whole plant is like 30" tall.

IMG_6909.jpg
IMG_6910.jpg

Day 98

Down goes the random runt auto. All of 30" tall. Lots of tan-to-brown trichs, so why not. They don't show up well in the picture but they're there when you look through the loupe. I guess it'll be a couple of ounces of happiness when all's said and done. Dank. Chopped and gave it a close wet trim. One advantage of the wet trim is you pretty much eyeball every bud surface so you get a good chance to catch bugs or bud rot. I cut away a grape-sized nugget but other than that we're good. In the shed with the AC running and a USB fan moving the air. Going to the beach Saturday, so this thing will hang for 9 or 10 days then go to Grove bags. I'll be away so not micro-controlling temp and humidity for 60/60. It'll be an exercise in detachment. Probably be dried to a crisp when we get back.

IMG_6947.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_6951.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

IMG_6949.jpg

Day 108

The runt auto was in the drying shed for 8 days while we were on vacation. AC running and a little USB fan moving air seemed to do the trick. It felt a little crispy, but after a night in Grove bags the RH is right around 60%, so should be good. I guess it could be a couple of ounces. Smells piney / bready, but I don't think my nose is very finely tuned. I'll give it 3 weeks in the bags and then see what we have.

The big auto is coming along nicely. She picked up a fair amount of white powdery mildew, so I gave her a good spray down with potassium bicarbonate last night and hit her again with 1:1 agrowlyte this morning.

The regular old photo plant is just doing its thing.

Big auto:

IMG_6963.jpg
IMG_6962.jpg
IMG_6964.jpg
IMG_6965.jpg

Y'all have any thoughts on these little spots? Mostly on the older leaves that are yellowing and dying off, pretty much only on the top side. Thinking it might have something to do with heat, or spraying something not diluted enough.

IMG_6968.jpg
IMG_6967.jpg

I’ve been remiving older yellowing leaves too on my outside stuff. Are you giving them calmag? My outside plants don’t get as much as inside do. Could be my problem too but it’s not a lot of them doing it to worry about on my plants anyway

I’ve been remiving older yellowing leaves too on my outside stuff. Are you giving them calmag? My outside plants don’t get as much as inside do. Could be my problem too but it’s not a lot of them doing it to worry about on my plants anyway
I've been giving them cal-mag 1 tsp / gallon once a week. I did think it looked sorta like calcium deficiency.

Latest posts

Back