CFO conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PotSmokinSaint

P.P.H.S. Member
Reaction score
I meant to say cfl. Well I just got my hands on a lamp that can hold up to 150w. *My question is if I put a 125w cfl light in it would it be too much seeing as the conversion would be more watts with a regular light? *Any input would be great.*

there is no conversion. A 125watt CFL only used 125 watts of electricity. It is just compared to the wattage use by other lights to give the same ammount f light

If you look on the packaging of cfl bulbs it can confuse you because of the wattage comparrison. But this is usually only on the smaller "household" bulbs. The bigger bulbs typically don't have that comparison. To eliminate the confusion just look at the side of the bulb where the plastic(composite) housing is and all the important information is printed on there. The wattage you see there and the spectrum in kelvin is going to be the right numbers.

Be carefull when buying the big cfl lights to make sure that you don't buy one that has to have a separate ballast. Lowes and HD both sell a 6500k 125w bulb that is for the ballasted fixture that they sell that looks like a street light. If you are good with wiring you can buy the floro balasts and those bulbs and wire up a nice bank of them.

Latest posts

Back