Changing flowering schedule.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Hey guys the heat is startin to hit here earlier than expected. I thought I could wait till after this grow but I don't know now. I want to switch my lights to run at night. Right now there going 7am to 7pm. Id like to switch them to say 630pm to 630 am. So I could just let them stay on till 630 in the morning, but I have some plants flowering. One at 5 weeks one at 4 weeks. 2 at three weeks and one at 2 weeks.

Does anyone think that changing this will cause me to end up with a hermie? I think I have read where people changed it for a few hours just wanted to check before I let it have a whole extra day of light

For flower, extend the dark period not the light.

An extended dark period won't hurt anything.

TBH, an extended light period probably wouldn't hurt anything either, not a one time occurrence, but better safe than sorry.

Wet

Be my trail walked ifin yual start messin with the light special to your times in flower yual risk possible hermie I reckon but listen to all good folk here probley way to dos it with lower risk to screwin yur garden. Luck and hopes yual walk trails good fur ya friend.

BWD

Alright guys sounds good then tonight when they go off Ill just cut them off till tommorow when I get ready to shut them down thanks guys.

I change my lights twice a year without incident. As Wetdog said, give them an extended dark period, not an extended light period.

just keep the lights off for 24+ hours then reset whenever, no biggie, no issues ever!!!

This is interesting, I was thinking about lighting from 6am to 6pm to avoid detection, but as I think about it it might make more sense to light from 6pm to 6am to help control the heat during cooler night hours. Any thoughts about this? Sorry for the thread hijack. Thanks.

BoneMan1000 said:
This is interesting, I was thinking about lighting from 6am to 6pm to avoid detection, but as I think about it it might make more sense to light from 6pm to 6am to help control the heat during cooler night hours. Any thoughts about this? Sorry for the thread hijack. Thanks.
...and in addition, I believe that in some areas, running at night might also charge a lower rate p/kw/h for "off peak hours" useage..;)

Hick said:
...and in addition, I believe that in some areas, running at night might also charge a lower rate p/kw/h for "off peak hours" useage..;)

Awesome sir! Thanks so much. There are so many variables to consider, and I never knew about lower rates during off peak hours. This site is worth it's weight in Acalpulco Gold. :eek: Thanks again!

I don't have lower rates at night, but I always run lights at night during the summer to help control the heat.

its better to run the lights at night all the time.....its cooler over all!

In the winter, during the day, the lights help heat my living spaces. I do not have any problems at all keeping my space cool in the winter--in fact, quite the opposite. I have to dial the fan down to keep the temps in the mid 70s.

Latest posts

Back