Changing out MG for new soil....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight_toker

Reaction score
Right now my gals are in a mix of MG and that stupid Hyponex crap (seems high in clay) because I could not find ANYTHING else here. They are doing excellent for now, BUT, I hear they won't after the fertilizer builds up and I can't flush it out. They are 6 weeks since germination and about 10 inches tall (but are LST tied now, but they grew slow at first until I changed lights).

I bought some new stuff- just regular generic potting soil with perlite and absolutely no nutes. I figure this is better than using MG, even though it isn't high quality soil.

I have read not to change the soil too much- like going from one kind to another that is different, but I've also read that it is best to not use MG at all. I've been letting them get pretty darn dry before watering so as to not release so much of the MG nutes and right now they are pretty dry which is what I want so the soil will fall off more so I can add new soil, right?

I guess what I am wondering is this: Should I just go straight to the new stuff (but not removing the MG from the root ball)? Or mix a little of the MG in?

i just switched mine over too! from MiracleGro soil to some regular topsoil and its doin just great. just take it all out gently and hold it upright by the root ball and slightly tap it off with your hand just to get most of the MG soil off and then re-do it with your other soil should do the trick. Oh and my friend told me this: do it at night or the dark period so that you dont 'shock' the roots. i dont know wat this means but i definitely didnt shock them!! peace hope i helped out randomly!

I use pro mix bx. it seems to be a good soil. i also found to have troubles with fertalized soils.. smoke on

I agree with Raphee17.I to just got 2 of my girls out of miracle(if it) grow into the ground.So far so good.I did basically like he said and get as much old stuff as you can as gently as you can.

Well i never used MG but i use schultz soil and i think it's the same thing and i've had whole good grow's and havest's with it.I've never had a problem,i also grow with dro where i used my own nutes but schultz states it feeds up to 5 months and seems to o just that,well and again it's the same as MG...just thought i'd add my 2cents...

I'd suggest transplanting your plant into the new soil and just watering for maybe the first week or so to let your roots explore the new soil and to let your plant use up most of the nutes in the MG soil. I'd then start with light feedings when they look like they need it... ie yellowing leaves, etc... As long as you put it in a well draining soil you'll be good to go and your roots will thank you for it! :rolleyes:

Rock ON! :headbang2:

Latest posts

Back