Charcoal Canister Leaking - wth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had my 6" charcoal canister for a couple years now and I notice small chunks of charcoal falling out recently and worse maybe, is fine charcoal dust in my environment, which strikes me as unhealthy(!).

Anyway, is that normal after time? Can I fill that up badboy again? Was I supposed to keep that "pre-filter" on there??

I know, newbie type questions, not quite sure what to think, so any advice is appreciated!

Cheers!

It sounds to me like your blowing air through it. but yes you can re fill it just have to take it apart. but I pull air through mine and any dust go's out.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, that you are pushing air through it from the inside out rather than sucking air from the outside in. Over time some of the carbon chunks will crush into powder and will work its way through. If you are using it "backwards" then put the prefilter back on to hold the carbon in place and cut way down on the dust. :)

If you have been using it for 2 years its spent.
The charcoal is only good for so long. :cool:

Thanks guys, lemme see if I can find some charcoal pellet things around and I'll buy more pre-filters. Good stuff to know and thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Back