cheap lights..but lot lot of lumens speak it up here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papabeach1

Reaction score
I'm still in the researching (on my own basically) on the lights...

what I want is LOT of lumen to provide the greens..
and I want it portable and can grow it even in small space..

I get the feeling that I'm gonna LST my next grow and make it small, mature plants.. even if it can be a "mother" as small mature grow! if possible..

hey yall know what..... new sheriff in my location was brag about new free helicopter donated to my county.. and was saying about put new infrared system in it some about next year.. I was lookin at that in tv news.. I scoff and fell myself in the floor laughing about it.. many grower out there has stopped lot of FLIR system to detect on us!.. even though we maintance our best to prevent for FLIR to be catching us.. man.. that cop is going no where with the taxes out of our pocket.. (chuckle)

so throw in what yall knows for cheap, lot of lumen lights.. I need to check it out.. thanks..:)

papabeach1 said:
I scoff and fell myself in the floor laughing about it.. many grower out there has stopped lot of FLIR system to detect on us!.. even though we maintance our best to prevent for FLIR to be catching us.. man.. that cop is going no where with the taxes out of our pocket.. (chuckle)

Hey Papa B. is back!

What are you trying to say?

Hey Papa, how are you doing?

How small a space are you talking about? I would look at T5 fluoro tubes for vegging. A 54W tube will put out 5000 lumens. This is more lumens per watt than some of the smaller wattage MH lights. For flowering, look at some lower wattage HPS--150-400W--that you can put into (homemade) cooltubes.

It was my understanding that LEOs could not just go around indiscriminately doing FLIR scans. However for smaller grows, I can not imagine this being a problem, especially in the winter.

It resembles English but without a rosetta stone I fear deciphering it will be impossible.

I was thinking of.. ya all know leds lights using by auto cars headlights?

and small grow area as 56 gal rubbermaid box? and the works inside the box.. it can be traveling in RV, mobile, or at garage and attic.. something like that? and yes LST will be necarassy in that grow area for mothers..?

then other rubbermaid box of red lights? get my drift?

papabeach1 said:
I was thinking of.. ya all know leds lights using by auto cars headlights?

and small grow area as 56 gal rubbermaid box? and the works inside the box.. it can be traveling in RV, mobile, or at garage and attic.. something like that? and yes LST will be necarassy in that grow area for mothers..?

then other rubbermaid box of red lights? get my drift?
:holysheep::eek: Alrighty then ! How are you Papa are you well ?

i would go with THG... but buy an inverter for the rv. and maybe 2 small solor panels from crap tire... all that probally come to the same price as your LEDs.
IMO
LH

yeah I'm all good.. just that.. flours lights can be crappy for the rubbermaid lid.. I do see the headlights that has leds brights up to 4000k just for a single led headlight.. it would surprise me if I can get this setup to go with that headlight leds and hook it up with inverted power..along with cpu fans.. and hook the a/c vent to the air inlet ? gonna be a super portable grow and can do it anywhere! even carry it..

Are you thinking xenon? Or Leds that are after market? Only leds on a car are audi that goes around the xenon head lamps

I dont know of a single led that can luminate far enough forward to work as a headlamp. Brake lamp or turn signal yes. Let me know what you thinkin cause a xenon lamp in my car is like 800$

papabeach1 said:
it would surprise me if I can get this setup to go with that headlight leds and hook it up with inverted power..along with cpu fans.. and hook the a/c vent to the air inlet ?

It would surprise me too.....This isnt going to work, just a another lame brain papabeach idea :hitchair:

Growdude said:
It would surprise me too.....This isnt going to work, just a another lame brain papabeach idea :hitchair:
:giggle:

so far in my experiences in cfls I'm sure yall remember those grow from last year I think.. cfls does the amaze jobs as long its over 10k lumen if it was 4k. it might be lame grow. of course HPS and HID does the super jobs. I'm looking for something smaller and portable but the problem is the red spectrum light cfls did the lousy jobs of budding... and it was "naw naw" tastes when I smoked it.. I did knew HPS will do a superior jobs.. is there a stepchild of hps using in cars? etc I would stick with cfls and leds with lot of lumen for veggin and 18/6 yall know?

T5 Floras rock from start to finish.:hubba:

Latest posts

Back