Cheap @$$ soil bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyboy

Train wrecked
Reaction score
I bought super soil from home depot.The stuff said guaranteed pest free:(
The bugs are little black flies that come out of the soil.I'm sure I'm the 1000th guy to post with this problem.They don't appear to do any damage but what do I know.After all I'm the dumb *** the bought the sh*tty soil in the first place even though I was warned.What are they and how do I kill them?
Thank you for your support
Tommyboy

Fungus nats maybe? They feed on your roots when they are larve. Get rid of that crappy soil and get some good stuff. Don't be cheap on something as important as soil! You have been warned "again"!

Crazy Horse said:
Fungus nats maybe? They feed on your roots when they are larve. Get rid of that crappy soil and get some good stuff. Don't be cheap on something as important as soil! You have been warned "again"!

Too late?I'm in flowering.

It won't hurt to try. Transplant them into some new soil, and get rid as much of excess soil you can without damaging your roots. You don't want them buggers hanging out in your flowering room. There is that yellow sticky tape you can get at garden shops that will help control them. They come with little pegs you stick right into the soil. I have never had nats before, so this is all coming from my readings. Someone else might have a better idea, but let us know how things work out. CH

I personally wouldn't go to those measures, unless it was a last resort. First find out exactly what you have by doing a search. Soil is very easy to change out and that would be my first step. Then kill off what is killing your plants. I haven't had any pest problems yet (well I did get some clones off of a guy that had mites, and ended up throwing them away).

Latest posts

Back