Check out my set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priestofknowledge

no denomination
Reaction score
Hey, this is how I'm doing it right now. I am connecting with a proxy site so no one can find out... but can I trust this site to keep my email address secret? Also, I got this chill bug that doesn't seem to be nibbling or anything. Maybe he'll protect them? Thirdly, what's up people... how am I doin? Also, cloning... I am using peat instead of rockwool, is that why I don't see them rooting?

PB130016.JPG

PB130017.JPG

PB130015.JPG

PB130007.JPG

PB130011.JPG

looks to me like you need more light.they are kinda stretchy.what are you using for lights?whatever it is you need more.jmo otherwise they look good

really? I have 10 100W compact flourescents? I mean... you're supposed to use flourescant bulbs nowehere near the lumens I got for vegetative growth Also... these compact flourescants are pretty killer on the HPS bands. Won't they work for flowering when I reach it.

priestofknowledge said:
really? I have 10 100W compact flourescents? I mean... you're supposed to use flourescant bulbs nowehere near the lumens I got for vegetative growth Also... these compact flourescants are pretty killer on the HPS bands. Won't they work for flowering when I reach it.

well it sounds like you have more than enough light FOR VEG. I wouldnt even begin to compare ANY amount of fluro to an HID such as a HPS regarding flower.. lots of variables here...for starters...just peat? whats in your medium? rockwool is for hydro(generally) How close are the cfls to your tops? how old are the plants?....and so on....

Look around the forum...MORE than enough info here, and as far as your e-mail and security...Nobody knows anything you dont tell them, and WELCOME;)

if it roots.. go ahead put in soils.. its okay..

my clones is doing good with cfls though..

You really don't need to use a proxy, the server is overseas (assuming your in the U.S.), there is a sticky here somewhere all about it. Also, there is an extreme abundance of info on this site, absorb as much as possible. I've never heard of anyone cloning in peat, that stuff is supposed to be used WITH soil. I consider this to the the most respectable forum on the net for this type of thing. Welcome and enjoy!

i have to agree with budbob. no one here is looking to invade your privacy or find out who you are or where you are. there is a plethora of information here so read, read, and then read some more. i have read quite a few books by different authors on growing but the amount of practical information available on this site is invaluable. to have the opportunity to ask a question and have several people give u an answer and their opinion within a few hours is absolutely awesome. when u enter the different sections there are some stickied threads( i believe in coffee house section) that explain how safe you are here. keep up the good work, and don't be afraid to post!

some info on that 'stinkbug', it looks like they suck the sap from plants, so might not be a good idea to keep it in there, if it it one of these bugs that is.

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield_bug

not every true bug is a stink bug. True bugs are quite diverse. As for sap sucking... I've watched this bug chill a long while and he has no preference for being on the plant, doesn't mind getting baked, and can be found all over the place during the end of fall... his only purpose in life is probably to love.

Anyways, I never saw him have a probiscus out or anything.

As for High pressure sodium, they are 400 watts. 4 cfl's should equal it. At least, I hope it will. I like cfl for its low power and low heat, so I'm sticking with it to the end and will tell everyone how it goes down.

I can speak from experience that a hps will do much better in flower than fluro's. When your plants start to grow and get bushier the cfl lite can"t penetrate the canopy of the plants. I am not sure what lites you are using I think some peeps are confused with what the box says. Make sure your lites are the wattage you think they are.SOme lites will say 100w or 150w but will actually be much lower.The best example where I live is the 42w cfl is LIKE burning a 100w lite due to cfl effeciency. The lite is still 42w. The lite needs to be real close to your plants. This my understanding and there are many peeps who wil respond if I am wrong, and welcome to mp.

You have it wrong kinda... being a physics major I can shed some "light" on that conundrum. lol, I make me smile

Anyways, the way it goes is energy consumption. A 100 watt incandescent equates to 1500 lumens... as does the compact fluorescent. But the compact fluorescent uses only 23 watts of electrical power for its 1500. A HPS gets into the range of HOLY ****... yeah. Definitely understand why flowering needs HPS

Yeah... 400 watt HPS equals 50000 lumens

I'll just be going back to the drawing board now

hey pok, welcome to the show.
let me add that using an incandescent bulb in a grow = extreme heat , let alone the cost is much more to use these. the difference is how mj makes use of the light , and a cfl, can outlast an incandescent 13x. think of a cfl as a directional piece on your artwork.:hubba: . jmo...bb...
welcome again...

Latest posts

Back