checked plants today....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoot1073

Reaction score
well its been about 3 weeks sence i checked on my outdoor plants,what a suprize the biggest one is well over 5ft.i gave em a good watering and hopefully they will be ok..how they looking? its just some bag seed started indoors then put out about 2 months ago.about when do they show sex in the north east of USA?

os.jpg

os 1.jpg

os 2.jpg

os 3.jpg

os 4.jpg

Also I Was Wondering Could I Cut About 6'' Off One And Clone It For A Indoor Plant?would It Hurt It??

scoot1073 said:
Also I Was Wondering Could I Cut About 6'' Off One And Clone It For A Indoor Plant?would It Hurt It??
Sure, you can take a cutting from any of the lower branches. I'd pick the branch that looks the smallest. That way, you're really not taking anything from your upcoming crop.

You can check the hours of light for your area by using this link:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11350

When the light gets to less than 12 hours in your area, your plants should start flowering.

Right now, if I'm correct, your longest days are just now starting to drop.

My longest days are at 14 hours and 4 minutes of light. I'm at 13 hours and 53 minutes still.

looks like a nice patch, throw some 20-20-20 down and it should clear up the yellowing unless it's a lockout problem.

Great link stoney bud thanks..I gave em some earth juice today so hopefully good by to the yellowing...

..Outdoor plants don't rely on 12 hours of darkness to flower. Omce the hours begin to deminish, the florigen begins building. As soon as it reaches the proper levels for flowering, they flower.
In "my" area, plants are nearlly finished before 12/12 arrives naturally.
Sunrise sunset Calendar
October 18, 2007

Twi: 6:44am
Sunrise: 7:12am
Sunset: 6:16pm
Twi: 6:43pm

Moonrise: 2:14pm
Moonset: 11:22pm

I will usually have a killing frost by the last week of October.

Yeah, same here Hick. I think I was checking the chart the other day and it doesn't get to 12/12 here to about the time my plants are generally done.

yup icky'...if I had to rely on 12/12, I'd be outta' the game.
A li'l trick I've learned over the years that will help in a 'short season' situation, is to raise the clones/plants under 24.0 light. Then harden them off and plant them OD anytime after June 1..The sudden shortening of light hours will trigger the flowering instantly. Giving you a week or two headstart on finishing.
Summer solstice is June 21. The daylight hours naturally begin to decrease, keeping florigen flowing/ flowering going.

I'll have to try that next year, man. I haven't ever put any out that late. I always start mine indoor under 24/0 and veg them for about 3 weeks and put them out about the first of May. It seems to help. As my plants almost always sex and flower before plants that were started outdoors. All of my plants that were started indoor are already sexed and only 1/3 that was started outdoors have sexed.

Here in my neck of the woods (Great lakes State) True flowering usually begins sometime in August. Alot of the timing depends on the strain,and even the plant itself. I have had outdoor grows have plants in full flower, with the next plant barely started.

I think Hick is right on about clones flowering a bit quicker as well. Regardless if you want a the plants to swell you must not be impatient come first of October. Let them go as long as you can. The Calyx's ,and buds will really swell between the end of September,and the second week of October. By the time you get to mid-October here you are going to be dealing with a possible hard freeze so it is then usually game over. Good luck...

Latest posts

Back