Checking the trichomes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Got this little lens that fits over my phone camera lens that sorta makes your phone into a cheap microscope. I thought it would be easier than getting a jewelers hoop to see the trichomes up close. Well I need a little practice I think but I think it does seem to work. Maybe better if I would turn my fan off to get rid of a little bud jiggle first. Anyway, my plants are ending their 5th week of flower and was wondering when I would be able to notice a change in them. ILGM site says the seeds I purchased said they had 8-10 week flower stage. Will try to improve the next shot. Anyone have one of these gadgets that could give some tips on getting a good shot?
59CF5D8D-8553-495C-B3C5-DD0E87DDEB5E.jpeg

I judge the trichs by scoping the buds themselves...depending on what type of high you seek, I prefer all cloudy to mostly amber for my nightime flowers...
I should have known to take the bud pic. My eyes are not the greatest and that’s the first place I saw the trichomes. Will try a few more shots in different areas after they wake up and post again. Thanks y’all

That's a decent shot. Just starting to witch from clear to cloudy is what it appears to me. Post some more from different parts of the plant when you have time.
These are a bit better since I cut off the fan and vent but still will have to control my shaky hand or come up with a tripod idea maybe. I dont know but some seem to be getting white already but I’m not sure exactly what I’m seeing
85351F6F-1A8E-4FFA-92A9-71703FE17FE9.jpeg
DB6C991F-06B0-41EA-98FD-F5BF3C1DC303.jpeg
2A47FD9C-7A76-447A-8476-C5D5954214F9.jpeg
4809B497-0947-4299-84F1-11380A610F74.jpeg

Hard to tell but it looks like mostly clear with some cloudy.

These are a bit better since I cut off the fan and vent but still will have to control my shaky hand or come up with a tripod idea maybe. I dont know but some seem to be getting white already but I’m not sure exactly what I’m seeing View attachment 284983View attachment 284984View attachment 284985View attachment 284986
Still pretty good shots. I bought a cheap pocket microscope. Does the trick. Also I have a magnifying app on my apple phone that zooms in and take still shots. Similar quality to yours so I say your good.

Attachments

• IMG_4716.JPG
    IMG_4716.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 11
Perfect. That’s just beautiful. I will patiently wait till they are perfectly ripe thanks for posting this pic
It's hard to wait. At 8 weeks my brain begins playing tricks to talk me into the cut down. 10 weeks more better!

Bubba

It's hard to wait. At 8 weeks my brain begins playing tricks to talk me into the cut down. 10 weeks more better!

Bubba
I know it’s worth the wait especially since they have given me no trouble so far (knock on wood…) they are just at 6 weeks flower today so I may be waiting another month. I’m hoping they will beef up a bit more while I wait. I’ll try to resist my brain talking me into cutting anything down until I see a few ambers.

Yes it is. Week 6 usually gets interesting, pistols resurge, adding bulk week 7 and 8 great swelling, 9 and 10 for most yield, but trics don't lie.

Sativas need even more weeks!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back