Clandestine Grow Room #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, until Woody mentioned it, I hadn't noticed that you had multiple plants in single pots. You really need to get them separated NOW. I suspect that some of them may not survive.

You are getting a lot of stretch. I think you may want to top them and see if you can get your light closer.

Thanks for the advice, Hemp Goddess. I have the new pots now and will be repoting a few of them this afternoon... need to get in the right state of mind first... :bong1:

...that's better. Now I'm ready to do some gardening :)

I agree with THG that you are gettin some stretching from a little bit of light deficiency. From the pics it looks like you are using HPS for your lighting. I would suggest yu get yu 2-4 T5HO flourescent lights to put in with that HID, as that will punch up the lumens that the plants need and give them a better spectrum of light during the veg period. Yu can get them for around $30 each from online.(I use access discounts or HTGsupply) If yu don't get'em this go around try to get them for the next grow and yu will see the difference. I would also recommend that after suspending yer light pole that you get either some light pullies (pretty cheap online) or get some good twine and make the light height adjustible so that yu can keep the light as close as will not burn the plants. I would also highly recommend not using MG plant food as it is VERY HOT and MJ is very sensitive to nute levels. Also, the nute needs of the plants will change considerably as they go into flower and MG doesn't allow for that change, and that will cause yer yield to suffer...It would be a shame to go thru all this work and have wimpy buds at the end. Good Grow Mojo to ya

...and thanks for your advice. My budget is pretty much spent on this project right now, though. I can sustain and maintain it with nutes and such, but additional lighting and so forth is unfortunately going to have to wait until my next grow. I am truly the epitome of a 'low budget' hemp grower. Sounds like a cool song by the Kinks, eh?
The plants all survived the repotting just fine. I did lower my light (thanks Hemp Goddess) and built a frame from 2x4s to hold it securely above the pots. With 12 pots pushed together on the closet floor, I am out of space, though. I'm anxious to see gender signs so I can remove the males and devote all my limited resources to bud-producing female plants. They all hit the 5 week mark tomorrow.
Since the closet is in my bedroom, I leave the bifold door ajar most of the time for CO2 exchange. If someone comes to my house, I just draw the blind drape across and close the door. Simple, but effective so far.
That's my update for now. I welcome your comments and critiques. Thanks.

Grow_5_25_11a.jpg

Grow_5_25_11b.jpg

Grow_5_25_11c.jpg

Grow_5_25_11d.jpg

Hushpuppy said:
...I would also highly recommend not using MG plant food as it is VERY HOT and MJ is very sensitive to nute levels. Also, the nute needs of the plants will change considerably as they go into flower and MG doesn't allow for that change, and that will cause yer yield to suffer...It would be a shame to go thru all this work and have wimpy buds at the end. Good Grow Mojo to ya

...I appreciate your feedback. As you suggested, I did not use MG when I repotted everything yesterday. I used commercial top soil. It provided a rich nute-neutral base upon which I can add whatever nutritional supplements I want. I'm using Botanicaire Liquid Karma in a single morning watering now. They seem to be responding well. I'll adjust the quantity and schedule as they progress. Again, I'm a 'ghetto-budget' grower, so the pricier supplements are going to have to wait for another day. From the very first concept of this project until now, I still have less than $100 invested in the whole thing. If this all works, I may start my own cable show, 'The Frugal Pot Gardner' :)

When it gets time to flower, I believe that you will find that a bifold door and a drape is not enough to keep your space 100% dark during lights out. You might want to address that now before they are ready to flower. You really do need to be absolutely 100% dark.

The Hemp Goddess said:
When it gets time to flower, I believe that you will find that a bifold door and a drape is not enough to keep your space 100% dark during lights out. You might want to address that now before they are ready to flower. You really do need to be absolutely 100% dark.

will do, Hemp Goddess. Thanks for the advice :)

Been off livin' the dream for a while and thought it about time I updated my grow closet progress. I'll post a couple pics of the buds that are taking over the plants. It's crazy... can hardly wait to harvest this batch and start my next one! I have learned a whole lot with this first crop. The next is going to be madness!

Bud_071411a.jpg

Bud_072411b.jpg

Latest posts

Back