cleaning grow area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkngunz

Reaction score
i have this room i built in a basement, its 10ft squared, in it i made a smaller room thats 6ft by 3ft and 7ft tall. I reacently had to take my plants out as of a bug infestation... It was bombed once about 6 mounths ago for house bugs. when it was built. the rest of the basement is dusty and old... I just bought a few bombs 3 heres the info on them.

PCO Pyrethin Based Total Release Foggers
PCO Fogger controls several species of insects including aphids, fungus gnats, spider mites, mealybugs and whiteflies, quickly and easily. We have found PCO Fogger to be very effective against spider mites. See label for additional insects controlled. Each PCO Fogger treats up to 5000 cubic feet.

After i let them off im going to cover the grow area with mylar, and wash the walls and floors with bleach. Does anyone think this will help with my grow?

Anything else that im missing? All info is helpful thanks.

Vacuum well. If one could get out the hose and really hose down the basement with insecticidal soap. That alone would make a definite improvement. Take it from someone who did it on a regular basis to PMQ's. They even do the white glove down there too.

just give the entire grow space a good clean with disenfectant or some other good cleaning product.
as it`s your bassment,i think you may have a problem with damp/mold. but what`s your bassment like?
anyways, have you examined your plants? if you`re having pest problems then keep a keen eye on your ladies, especially for spider mites.
the air which you are circulating through your grow space, is the same air and dust within your bassment.
"IMO", you`ll need to clean the complete space-free from dust/dirt. think of your bassment as your "clean room", that way there`s little chance of another visit from the little monsters;)
what sort of infestation did you have?:eek:
Remember-clean the complete bassment dude, if you don`t you`ll have problem after problem...

would the whole basement have to be clean or just the grow room? As the whole basement is a lil to large and old to clean.

well, your using the same intake air which could give you problems, but if you can`t be bothered just clean the grow space and hope.
spider mites are unbelievably hard to get rid of,and i speak from my personal experience with the little critters. and they have a habit of coming back, grow after grow.
just give it a good sweap and get rid of any dust filled ledges n` stuff.
good luck man.

What insect problem do you have? The reason I asked is that if you can find some mosquito dunks buy them. Take one dunk and place it in a sock or cheesecloth and soak it until it dissolves once thats done then squeeze it (sock or cheesecloth) into a gallon of water used for watering your plants and water them with it. The dunks contain microorganisms which attack the insect larva while they are still in the soil. This works especially for fungus gnats or thrips. I hope these pics work but also follow the advice of the others in this thread. This is just and organic approach. :farm:

Latest posts

Back