Clear or cloudy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifsixwasnin9

Reaction score
I can't tell whether my trichomes are clear or milky/cloudy. I should get a better magnifying glass. (Using jewelers x30). They look pretty much like this stock photo. Trichome heads look pretty matured and bulbous and all hairs are brown. (Plant is Skunk #1 and 54 days into flowering.)

IMG_0032.jpg

look mostly cloudy to me. i prefer a little (20%) amber myself.

Nice pic, yeah they're almost all cloudy there , ifsixwasnin9

Yeah,,I would wait for a little Amber to start showing up. Looks nice.

Home stretch imo another 7 day will help put her over the top

ozzydiodude said:
Home stretch imo another 7 day will help put her over the top
:yeahthat:

Old grower truism: When you think it's ready, wait another week, then harvest.:icon_smile:

Wet

But in another week, you'll think it's ready.. and you must wait another week.

I see holes in this thought process :D

When you think it's ready,
But some strains do not turn amber (but stay cloudy)? if so, how can you tell which strains do or don't turn amber? (I'm keeping it simple - I'm only growing indica strains. Not confident to tackle the other strains.)

Thanks for feedback.

You should have a time frame for flowering from the breeder, such as 9weeks. Then when you get to 9weeks and you look at the trichs under natural light, you should see mostly cloudy at least. Then if you let it go for another few days you should see a few amber trichs begin to show up. But if you go to 10 full weeks(on a 9week strain that had no issues during flower) and you are seeing almost all cloudy but still no amber then its likely that it is a strain that doesn't amber much until it is way past ripe.

But more often than not(especially for hybrids), if you go 1 more week past what the breeder says then you should be seeing some amber trichs showing up and mostly all cloudy trichs. If it is hard to tell then you need to take a couple sugar leaves outside under natural sunlight and set them on a flat surface. :)

Latest posts

Back