Clearing/Flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankdogster

Reaction score
I'm at week 5 flower with some Super Skunk clones being fed with FF nutes and the feeding chart says to flush with a "Clearing" solution and H2O for two cycles. My local hydro guy said why use chemicals to flush chemicals? He suggested using straight Ro PH corrected water for a few days or even a week. Will my girls start to starve after a 5 days with no nutes?

Well if you have it set up sure, i mean flushing is just that straight water. its just a matter of how clean the water is. i would just flush maybe around the last two weeks or last week. Oh and your plants won't starve, thats why they have leaves where they get food from.

I flush for a week before I harvest. I only give fresh water and sweet.

I always check ppm of water I am dumping so I know where in the yard to dump. I am always amazed as to how high the ppm is after 24 hours of a single flush, I have seen 3-4 days of 1000 or higher ppms in the water. and the water I flush with has 200 ppm naturally. and I switch out the water everyday until the ppm is what it was naturally 200 ppm. that is usually around day 6 or 7.

I feel it is important, the MJ burns so nice and smooth and the flavor is so there. maybe it's me, but it seems to dry more evenly also.:D

just my 2c. good luck

I agree with the hydro guy. Save your money.

The leaves act as nutrient reserves, so you'll notice them yellow, then die, as the plant uses up the nutrients.

I've seen people flush for two weeks, and lots of leaves died, but they ended up with great harvests.. so 5 days shouldn't be too rough.

I'm still unsure whether or not this flushing stuff makes a difference in taste or not. I haven't been able to notice, but maybe my experience is just limited.

Goodluck:)

I am not going to harvest yet. Fox Farm suggests a flush after week six and then return to nutes for a few more weeks.

Latest posts

Back