Clone Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rex

Reaction score
My clones came off plants that were into flowering 10 days. So I guess their revegging somewhat. What I can't believe is that they started rooting at 12 days! They're in a standard clone tray with dome. Right now I'm just misting to maintain humidity and watching water level. I know MJ babies don't need food for at least 4 wks. What about clones revegging and rooting? Should I be giving them a small amout of vegging nutes? Also, how long do I leave them in the dome tray until replanting in 1 gal containers? My buddy says until their hitting the top of the dome. But I'm not sure about this. What do you guys practice?

Thanks in advance for your help as always,
T-rex

I plant them as soon as I have good roots showing. Twelve days is about normal rooting time in my experience. If they are rooted, take the humidity dome off and quit misting.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I plant them as soon as I have good roots showing. Twelve days is about normal rooting time in my experience. If they are rooted, take the humidity dome off and quit misting.

THG, what about nutes? Do I start adding small amounts right after replanting and at what strength?

Thanks alot,
T-rex

How's it growin'?

Although they look very similar to a small seedling rooted clones are the same age genetically as the mother plant and can take more agressive feeding than a seedling of the same size. But, if you're transplanting into your FFOF soil they may not need any nutes for a bit and if you do give them nutes I'd go with slightly weaker nutes than you typically use since the soil is fresh...

Happy Growing!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
How's it growin'?

Although they look very similar to a small seedling rooted clones are the same age genetically as the mother plant and can take more agressive feeding than a seedling of the same size. But, if you're transplanting into your FFOF soil they may not need any nutes for a bit and if you do give them nutes I'd go with slightly weaker nutes than you typically use since the soil is fresh...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Thanks DOS,
T-rex

I do hydro, but I do not start off with nutes right away. I let my girls tell me when they are hungry.

I let mine tell me they are hungry also, they will start to yellow, the good thing about clones is they can take the strength that the mother was taking, like DOS said, they don't need to be treated like young seedlings, but also not quit like grown plants either.

legalize_freedom said:
I let mine tell me they are hungry also, they will start to yellow, the good thing about clones is they can take the strength that the mother was taking, like DOS said, they don't need to be treated like young seedlings, but also not quit like grown plants either.

It never occured to me, that their basically just like their moms. Makes total sense. Freedom, thanks so much for your reply this time as well as all the other times you've given me wise advice.

T-rex

Latest posts

Back