Cloned plant and it died?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtndawg

mtndawg
Reaction score
I'm new to indoor growing and had (1) #1 skunk after sexing. Plant was outstanding untill my friend and I cloned (20) babies off her. A few days went by and her leaves started turning under and became very dry. In a panic I started watering more often and spraying. Ten days later I removed her from the grower.

Now I know somebody is thinking maybe she was too small to cut so much off but the plant was (2) foot tall and healthy as a horse. My friend is at a lost to understand the prob. even though he has 40 yrs of experience.

Has anybody experienced such a prob. as mine?

Also have (2) nice orange crush plants about 1 1/2 ft tall but need to get some clones from these.

We did everything by the book and the babies are doing well but I am almost afraid to try again on the crush plants.

Growers are 4ft tall and 2sq ft running 120 watts of cool white each. Each hold about 7-8 lbs of soil and run about 80 degrees interior heat.

Anybody got any ideas before I turn back to moonshine.

Peace--old hippie--

I havn't seen the plant, but WOW 20 cuts at one time on a 2 foot plant seems like a pretty harsh trimming. I am not sure, but sounds like she was shocked.../shrug.

I have a 3 foot Mama that I clone from and I have hard time finding 15 decent cuts on her to fill my cloner.

Was it in flower? Whats your method of cloning?

First answer, pruned plant heavely during vegetation which allowed many clones.

Secondly, keep everything sterilzed, used cloning gell, B1 juice, place in direct sunlight. Use a razorblade to remove clones and recut the tip before placing in grow medium. Clones are fine but I was keeping her for personal use and now she is dead.

I am a beginner myself and I would never of taken that many in one go off her, I have 7 ladies myself and I did some cloning and I took 1 per plant (=7) and 3 of the clones have died, but my ladies are very happy. I think you stressed yours to death.

I agree. 20 cuttings are too many for such a small plant. Stress probably killed it. Go a little easier the next time you clone and you should be just fine. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Yeah i have to agree and say it was too big of a shock for her to handle. Look at it this way tho brother, you came out on top!!! You sacraficed 1 to gain 20 copies all female of skunk#1. I'd say you did good considering the kill
:). Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

:yeahthat: :goodposting: Must say, altough it WAS your mama.... worth it. Just keep one of them clones in veg state as your new mama and REAP the benefits of the other 19!!! you win some, you lose some, but you're still GROWIN'!!!

Smile. with every negative comes 19 positives (in this case, at least)
:afroweed: -The NUBE from a league of his own

what percentage of the plant and more importantly the leaves were left after cutting?

Latest posts

Back