Cloning during flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross

Reaction score
Ive been vegging out 4 plants under my 400w MHz that I just put into my flower tent tonight and I wanted to take some cuttings from a couple but the lower branches are still a bit immature albeit probably cloneable. I know flowering plants can be cloned but my question is would it be better to clone now before the hormones start to change or clone in like a week or two when the branches I plan on lollipopping off anyway are more established?

If they are small I would wait, it will take a little longer and the plant will got thru reveg but it does make for a bushes beast of a plant

I myself like to wait till week 2 flower ..any longer in ...it takes way Longer..IMO..the week or two in flower makes root better..just my thoughts

:48:

I clone from flowering plants all the time. Up to 4 weeks in flower and they root faster than when taken during veg. The Flowering plant food (phosphorus) promotes root growth in the clones. Don't feed it to the clones. Just feed the donor a few days before the cuttings. You are off and running !

Thanks 4u and johnny. Go broncos.

Latest posts

Back