Cloning insite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Grodan mini cubes with heat pad, tray, cube insert tray, 3" dome, 6" dome & distilled water. Water temp around 83 degrees. I use Clonex gel & just stick the clones in the cubes, place them in the tray & let them do there thing. I mist a few times a day. Grow tubes for light. Works great for me.

i definitely prefer humidity dome, heating pad, and rockwool. i probably have a 90-95% success rate. i also use olivia's cloning gel.

What would be a good heat mat and Thermostat? I have been looking around and it sucks that the only hydro shop in my state is about 70min away. They are over priced for a lot of things and other sites that have a good price charge outta the butt for shipping. My cost came up to 60-70 dollars and shipping was 37.00 dollars are you for real the stuff I am ordering is not heavy at all.

1. 7" Dome with vents
2. Tray with out holes
3. Heat Mat
4. Thermostat
5. Clone solution (I can't remember the name, something like Olivia or something.)

The hydro shop in my state only sells a kit with Dome, tray, rockwool, and heat mat for $36 dollars and $46 for thermostat.

Any good deal that anyone know of?

Forget the thermostat. The pad will get the perfect temp for the clones. I think I paid like $40 for the 5 above minus thermostat.

Rockwool, no dome misting or heating pads. 100% success.

nouvellechef,

I tried to run without the thermostat and cooked a crop of clones because it wanted to heat the tray to over 20F above the room air temp which was 65Fat the coolest and 70F in the day time.

Great smoking.

DonJones said:
nouvellechef,

I tried to run without the thermostat and cooked a crop of clones because it wanted to heat the tray to over 20F above the room air temp which was 65Fat the coolest and 70F in the day time.

Great smoking.

So your recommending to get a thermostat?

Oh boy!.... I stopped by a 'new' growshop yesterday for some cloning gel..:doh: (I should know better :eek: outta' 200 bucks, I had enough left over for a mcdonalds cheesburger when I left)...:rofl:
growgan cubes, "Sure T Grow" cubes, seedling mat, new ph meter(calibration fluid, ph up/down), BIG bag o' chunky perlite, 2 bags FFOF, and a roll of PANDA... :hitchair:
......she was a very good sales person...:confused2:...

I will say it again, growing aint cheap. Yeah, yeah, I know, its what you make with what you got that matters.

For the temp of the mat for clones Don, I always place the mat directly on a dirt or concrete floor. Maybe that makes a diff.

My entire setup including nutrients has probably been under $250 haha, yup I'm a sucker for cheap STUFF ...for the time being.

I am all about saving money. Hell I even made DIY filters for the new room. But when it comes to lights, venting, nutrients, system design, ac, chiller, etc. Well, i cant make any of those and dont have time to try.

another pos with the bubbler is I paid about 28 to make..I was buying cubes and cloning solution often..Now I dont have to buy anything when I want to clone. Less paper waste, packaging, gas etc. Plus I have had clones root in 6 days in the bubbler the cubes usually take 10-14 days if they take...

I was think about the cost and that's just more then I want to spend for cloning. I am going with the bubbler set up as I have all the major components for it on hand.

It would cost me $100 for a new cloning set up and that includes shipping where as I would only come out of pocket 25-28 dollars for another air pump. If I needed a res heater then I am looking at 60 dollars total.

real I was told to use a fish tank heater..supossed to be way cheaper. I use my heating mat because i had already bought it.

Real78 said:
I was think about the cost and that's just more then I want to spend for cloning. I am going with the bubbler set up as I have all the major components for it on hand.

It would cost me $100 for a new cloning set up and that includes shipping where as I would only come out of pocket 25-28 dollars for another air pump. If I needed a res heater then I am looking at 60 dollars total.

small bag of perlite $5 (walmart)
a couple of cfls $5 ea (walmart)
rooting hormone $5 (walmart)
probably enough supples for at least 50 cuttings
it doesn't need to be expensive REAL.. ;)

really either way should work for you...one other thing is I had to mist the clones about 4 x a day in rockwool in the bubbler I can leave it for 2-4 days then just clean out the water and add fresh..so now when I am at work they dont get thirsty and wilt..

Hick I love that everyone can do things so differently and still get good results..just like making spaghetti. ;)

i used to buy stuff i didnt really need, now i save every penny, growing weed should not cost more than growing any plant indoors. i save so much $'s by buying bulks of stuff like ferts acids and concentrated peroxide. i do my flood tables myself as well as my netpots, the money that was well spent was on stuff like timers, pumps, dehumidifier, fans etc... such things you need to buy good durable stuff that saves you $s in the long run. i spent like 2000$ or so on equipment ever since i started growing most of which like 1500 was spent the first 6months, i could've done the same thing for 1000$ if i didnt buy useless stuff, i recycle and use them in the grow whenever i could. however, im always happy cuz i rarely count what i spent, rather i count how much i saved so far and thats a lot :) cheers

Zem, so true I am going to clone both ways I picked up a res heater but no luck on the pump I am just going to buy a four outlet one from Petco later this week. I will post up what I come up with to help others that maybe getting to the same point as I am.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Ok, went with the dome, heat pad and therm set up and so fam looking really good. I think I will stay with this set up because they seem to love it and they look reallllyyy good.

Cost 118 with shipping but I will be good for a while.

Latest posts

Back