Cloning is flower question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonJones

Reaction score
First, I apologize if the this in in the wrong section.

I have a question on cloning from a plant in late flower --actually just at harvest.

I've been told that if you reveg you need to leave the little buds on the reveg branches to help give the plant energy while it is starting to produce veg growth again.

My question is, if there are small buds or flowers on the branch that I'm cutting to clone, do I leave that small bud on the clone branch or clip it off?

Thank you for your help.

Good smoking.

I have done this and just trimmed it up like I would a normal clone and left the small bud with the top. When I've tried this I've had about 50/50 chance of sucess.

why not just re-veg the whole plant? seems it would work better. just trim the plant as much as you need then leave the little dude duets and hopefully it will re-flower

yeah i think the plant with its roots established and some green fan leaves has more chance than a cut clone, you can try both ways together tho ;)

I'm running out of room for reveg plants and some of them aren't mine to short the harvest on.

Good smoking

UPDATE:

Several of the clones are rooting and nearly all of the successes have been from segments in the middle of the branch without any bud and most of the failures have been from sections that had buds on them.

Also, out of the 7 attempts at revegging, one is just doing great with new growth, and only 2 of them have died. Interestingly enough both of those were grown in and left in 3 gallon pots of dirt. The ones that seem to be doing okay were grown in and left in the 3 gallon pots of original Black Gold.

I'll try to get pictures posted in the next day or so.

Great smoking.

UPDATE,

Another one of the reveg plants died making 3 for 3 dying in the dirt. They all looked like the developed a fungus on the stalk for about the first 1" to 2" below the top of the dirt.

All 4 that were in Black Gold are doing great.

To me that says my Black Gold was steriler than my son's dirt mixture and probably a better grow media as well even though I can't prove it.

All of the clones taken in flower after buds were developing that were the middle sections of the branch without any buds have rooted so well that they are going to be a pain to transplant. 3 or 4 with buds are rooting to but not nearly as well.

From that I would deduce that leaving the buds on the cuttings isn't a good idea because my my success ratios with the buts was 50%or less and the ones without buds gave me 100% success.

I'm scrambling to get stuff transplanted so any pictures will come later tonight or tomorrow.

Great smoking.

Here is the result of 2 of the branch end clones without buds on them cloned in the Sure To Grow medium and PHed water with 0.5 ml of Superthrive/gallon.

The first picture is of the 3" tall pots hanging over the edge of my cloning cabinet with the undivided root mass dangling. The second picture is of the 2 root masses that I had to cut off because they wouldn't go through the slot in the pots. For reference, the black circle that the root masses are laying on is 6" across. Even after trimming the roots to get it out of the pot, I had over an inch of each of the 2 root masses left and the Sure To Grow was just intertwined with roots.

If I root the same way in the same pots again, I will certainly cut the bottom of the pots all the way across between holes so that I can peel the pot back to let the roots through if necessary.

Great smoking.

HPIM1379.JPG

HPIM1380.JPG

looks good....

what ever happened to Waterfarming Don? I figured if you went at it long enough, you'd probably come up w/ something interesting that I hadn't thought of...
:)

Latest posts

Back