Clue me in on what I can do to yield more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmelifted

Reaction score
Right now Im running a 400w HPS in my closet, doing about 4-5 plants at a time. How close do you guys think I can get the top of the plant to the light?
Right now its about 1ft away from the tops

Also should I hang some white mylar on the sides so the light isnt leaking out to the corner of the closet where there are no plants?

Please dont say upgrade to a 1000w HPS, its over kill for what Im wanting to do.

We need to know way more about your grow before we can even begin to advise you on how to increase yield. How big is your space? How are you growing? What kind of medium are you using? Nutes? Ventilation? Temps? RH? PH? PPMs? Strain?

All these things help determine yield...

:yeahthat:

also, i'm not quite sure what white mylar is? i'd say paint the walls flat white to help get the most out of your light.... way cheaper than mylar and, in my opinion, a lot easier to use....

more info needed agree...but will say that yes if ya place the millar down the side..with reflective material will make grow area smaller and reflect more lumes back to plants..just my thaughts Take care and be safe

The Hemp Goddess said:
We need to know way more about your grow before we can even begin to advise you on how to increase yield. How big is your space? How are you growing? What kind of medium are you using? Nutes? Ventilation? Temps? RH? PH? PPMs? Strain?

All these things help determine yield...

Its roughly 3' x 5' close is 3' wide and 8' long. Soil in pots
Temp with light on is about 82 and with light off mid 70s
Ventilation is about 3 fans circling the air through the whole room just not the closet.
There is no attic slot to open at the top of the closet

There are indica and some sativa both growing right now.

Could try some Advanced Nutrients Carbo-load...Does wonderful things......

What kind of reflector are you using? Light should not be 'leaking' out into the corners where there are no plants. Reflectors make a huge difference to the growth rate. You need to get oxygen and nutes to the roots and lumens to the leaves, that's all it is.

Getmelifted said:
Its roughly 3' x 5' close is 3' wide and 8' long. Soil in pots
Temp with light on is about 82 and with light off mid 70s
Ventilation is about 3 fans circling the air through the whole room just not the closet.
There is no attic slot to open at the top of the closet

There are indica and some sativa both growing right now.

A 400W is good for about 10 sq ft. So, you need more light. When figuring light needs, figure at least 5000 lumens per sq ft.

You need real ventilation--air being exchanged, not simply moved around. I like to exchange the air in my space 3-4 times a minute. You are going to need to find some way to bring fresh air in and exhaust hot air out, plus a fan circulating the air around.

Your temps are within limits but just barely, and you need at least 50% more light than you have now, so heat will most likely be a problem.

White mylar? Do you mean Panda film--white on one side and black on the other? I prefer panda film over mylar, but as fleshstain mentioned, flat white paint reflects fairly well, is easy to apply, and cleans well.

What kind of soil are you using, what kind of nutes, are you checking pH and ppms?

The Hemp Goddess said:
A 400W is good for about 10 sq ft. So, you need more light. When figuring light needs, figure at least 5000 lumens per sq ft.

You need real ventilation--air being exchanged, not simply moved around. I like to exchange the air in my space 3-4 times a minute. You are going to need to find some way to bring fresh air in and exhaust hot air out, plus a fan circulating the air around.

Your temps are within limits but just barely, and you need at least 50% more light than you have now, so heat will most likely be a problem.

White mylar? Do you mean Panda film--white on one side and black on the other? I prefer panda film over mylar, but as fleshstain mentioned, flat white paint reflects fairly well, is easy to apply, and cleans well.

What kind of soil are you using, what kind of nutes, are you checking pH and ppms?

I dont know how else to drop temps? Air is coming from outside by a small fan that can be placed in the window.
Ill have to check on the soil, but PH levels are always 6-7
PPM?
Ill check on nutes today also.

you could get a exhaust fan and mount it to the ceiling with some eye hooks and bungee cords.... get a 4" dryer exhaust from the depot or lowes and install it in the top corner of the door.... link em together with a little duct and you've got a simple exhaust setup....

that is, if you can or don't mind cutting a hole in door that will be visible....

Latest posts

Back