Co2 + Hydro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timek1m

Reaction score
anyone try growing with hydro and CO2? does it help? new to hydro, and got hydro set up done and works well. but i was wondering if CO2 will help? anyone know? if so what would be a setup idea? thanks.

I am using both right now. I turn off my exhaust fan during the winter when it is too cold outside to bring in fresh air. I make co2 in a three gallon bucket with a lid over it and a half inch hose and barb. I put an air stone in the bucket to keep the sugar and yeast mixed up. The other end of the hose has a ladies nylon over it to keep bugs out of it. The hose is attached to the back of a fan that blows the co2 into the canopy. The plant in front of the fan usually has the best looking bud.

yep, co2 will always help. will make the biggest difference during flowering if u cant afford to keep a tank filled all season (gets expensive)- co2 is huge tho. introduction of co2 is when u go from pulling some kind, to pulling some KiLL- definetely recomend co2

Carbon dioxide is what plants breath ther is enought of it naturally in the air but if you add C02 your making sure they are getting as much as they can take.... a cheap method in a small grow would be just spraying the plants with unflavored carbonated water its not much C02 but its better than none

the yeast/sugar and water method is great. I brew beer, just outside the room air intake and my SnowWhite gets plenty of extra co2. the peak co2 production last about 3-4 days and I start new buckets every 3 days to keep the supply constant. In my experience co2 helps alot. your plants will love it.

Also with the introduction of CO2 into your grow room your plants are able to deal with and strive better in hot conditions.. Temps can get up to a comfortable 90 degrees when added CO2 is present.. Good way to take a grow to the next level :D

another thing about using a beer bucket brews to make co2, the beer is very useful in it's own right, very helpful to cool a toasted throat.

Latest posts

Back