Co2 Tank Permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fadeux

Intelligent Moron
Reaction score
I've read several places that to get a Co2 tank, you need to have a permit. If that's the case, I found the perfect cover. Watch a couple 20 minute videos on Home Beer Brewing, then just tell whoever issues the permits, you are a homebrewer. I doubt they will look at you twice, and you will even have some knowledge to back it up from watching the videos. Just a thought I had. It's late, and I'm tired... :)

I use CO2 tanks at work for welding. I get it filled at welding supply places, they dont even think about it.

i have a 20lb. tank you dont need a permit i just tell them when they ask that i fill my paint ball tanks with it:hubba: my buddy says he has beer on tap:D
unless you have a tank you will have to rent one or just buy one around $100
and $26 to fill it each time plus you need an injector and a timer with multiple settings about $180
also you need a well sealed room with timers to shut off vent fans so the CO2 has time to work i find if you have enough fresh air coming into the room you dont need the CO2. if you have bad air flow then it will help

Growdude said:
I use CO2 tanks at work for welding. I get it filled at welding supply places, they dont even think about it.
Co2 for welding whats it used for i went to school for metal fab never used Co2 just curious

Pothead420 said:
Co2 for welding whats it used for i went to school for metal fab never used Co2 just curious

CO2 for welding is used a a shieding gas, mostly for MIG. I used it for laser welding as well. Displacing the O2 in the weld affected zone with an inert gas, so there is no oxidation, porosity, or intermetalics which could influence weld integrity.

Fad, your in Cali bro, tell them it is supplemental CO2 for your garden.

I had a guy at Home Depot ask me why I needed 10 5' lengths of chain, I told him is was to hang my Grow Lights, he turned red and finshed cutting my chain.

Thats that.

NorCalHal said:
Fad, your in Cali bro, tell them it is supplemental CO2 for your garden.

I had a guy at Home Depot ask me why I needed 10 5' lengths of chain, I told him is was to hang my Grow Lights, he turned red and finshed cutting my chain.

Thats that.

Why would someone at a home improvement place ever believe that they had any business at all asking you what you plan to use a certain product for?

I've started answering with answers designed to embarrass when I get asked questions like that. LOL--The chain thing, I would probably have casually answered that it is so my husband can chain me to the bed...That shuts them up and I can go about my shopping with no more questions.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Why would someone at a home improvement place ever believe that they had any business at all asking you what you plan to use a certain product for?

I've started answering with answers designed to embarrass when I get asked questions like that. LOL--The chain thing, I would probably have casually answered that it is so my husband can chain me to the bed...That shuts them up and I can go about my shopping with no more questions.

The sex swing my dear.

The Hemp Goddess said:

I can only hope you actually let your husband do that from time to time. Just so you aren't lying to the guy at home depot. :)

umbra said:
CO2 for welding is used a a shieding gas, mostly for MIG. I used it for laser welding as well. Displacing the O2 in the weld affected zone with an inert gas, so there is no oxidation, porosity, or intermetalics which could influence weld integrity.
you learn something new everyday;) i went to school for 4 years in metal fab and welding and i never new you could use Co2 as a shielding gas for MIG.
i usually used Argon gas for MIG welding. but thanks for the info its good to know. i have a portable MIG and i usually use Argon or flux core wire it would probably be cheaper to use Co2 than Argon. in theory it should work with TIG welding to

For the most part, CO2, argon, and nitrogen are the three gases that are used in welding processes. Yes TIG as well. I personally don't usr flux wire much. It splatters and it gums up the feed mechanism too much.

Latest posts

Back