commercial grade HID/HPS vs. Grow grade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrochloride

Reaction score
Hi, I have found smoking deals at industrial stores that sell HID and HPS bulbs. I am curious to know if there is actually a difference, as the indoor garden guy would like me to believe. I am growing under 3 400 watt HIDs presently and they are working fine. They are all industrial grade. I also have HPS industrial grade for flowering. I just wan to make sure that I am not missing some info somewhere. Thnks:eek:

You'll be fine i often use hps son-t bulbs in a spare 400w lamp they are the exact same bulbs as the ripp off grow shops sell.

They are made by the same manufactures ase the growfhop bulbs, electrical trade shops also sell ballasts timers relays at a fraction of the price.
Pet shops you can pick up your ph meters and activated charcoal refills, chemists usually stock epsom salts and iso for making hash.

Just remember the guy in the growshop is not your friend he is there to make money off your back.

Actually here's a good on for you, local grow shop sells the normal not strenghtened mylar @1o euro pre meter, they buy it in from england ( online hydro shop) for 287 pounds per 100m roll you do the math.

Latest posts

Back