Connecting Reservoirs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DLtoker

So I'm trying to hook up a few reservoirs together... A good example is the water farm setup. I am planning on hooking these up together just with some 1/4" tubing. But when I want to do a reservoir change, how the heck can I do it if I have 3 of these hooked up together? haha, I can't pick up all three at once. Any ideas so I can get this done properly tonight?

wat about a water pump ? hook the water pump in the resivores or one of them and pump the water out

to a free bucket or somthing

Hey, that's a good idea... I was thinking... really, I was... I am just going to raise them all up a few inches on a make-shift table, that way I won't even need to move them to drain the res... I also use a drainage system very similar to the water farm ones. Super simple.

Using check valves is all that I can think of right now

1/4" is worthless you need 1/2" min. I do this to my Waterfarms they are tied together and looped and chilled. 1/2" min, 5/8 is better, and 1" takes all the worry out of it. A small pump PULLING the solution is very helpful but it take some balancing out. Also don't use check valves when it is a gravity system EVER your looking for a problem the residual sediment will destroy a check valve with out some pressure or flow, otherwise the valve is not working and giving a false sense of safety. I use shut of valves in between each res and I one suggest between every Farm Bucket for isolation puposes if needed. I attached a diagram for some visualization.

Waterfarm Duel Layout w_key rev_2.JPG

Latest posts

Back