container size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom thumb

Reaction score
If I put two plants of the same strain in identical conditions but put one in a 5 gal cont. and the other in a 15 gal cont. will plant size and yield be proportionaly larger? What a great hobby this is rewarding, informative and a money saver so cool. I'm also looking for ideas on some yummy strains to try, any suggestions would be very much appreciated. It's funny 20 years of puffing and outdoor growing and i thought i was a mj master now i realize some of you people have forgotten more then i know lol. Thanks so much in advance. cheers

a general rule of thumb is 1 gallon of pot size ,1 foot plant and so on this is just an estiment, not a science, i read some where.....

Ive never tryed this experiment but it sounds like a really good one. I would think that the plant in the larger container would develop a better root system and therefor grow bigger roots and in turn give you bigger plants/buds

What ive read about in "Soma's Organic growing" book is to transplant the seedling into 1gal pots the when root bound trans into 3gal then again to final 5gal. I guess everytime you do this and wait until its root bound you have a huge root system fighting for space so if you keep doing it your increasing the root system thus bigger plant.

I have tried the same strain flowered at the same height in different sized containers. I put some in 1 gallon pots, straight out of the cloner, and some in 5 gallon containers. I flowered them at 6 inches. I averaged one and a half ounces per 1 gallon plant, dried, and 2 ounces per 5 gallon plant. I can fit more 1 gallon containers under the light for more yield. I am going to try some 3 gallon grow bags next alongside 1 gallon pots.

Latest posts

Back