Cool tube Glass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widowmaker

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any glass tubing that can be used for a cool tube. The Bake a round ones are kinda pricey, and the Hurrican Glass at Hobby lobby isnt big enough. Thanks

Yea, cool, well they closed down our micheals, but Ill look around for another crafts store tomorrow.

i seen those bake-a-rounds on e-bay dirt cheap, under $10...

really, i look all day yesterday, couldent find one under 30 buck with shipping.

bake arounds are cylindrical pieces of pyrex used for baking bread

they are perfect to use as cool tubes, since pyrex glass pretty much wont break under heat.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are you guys talking about? They make "enclosures" that cool the bulbs? I am VERY interested.

Links?

Well, went to Micheals at a nearby town and found some hurricane glass that is perfect, thanks for the help

NorCalHal said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what are you guys talking about? They make "enclosures" that cool the bulbs? I am VERY interested.

Links?
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23982
here's a link to a DIY one, posted by our esteemed member barefootbob. This one happens to be made with a globe for a lantern.(hurricane glass) but "bake arounds" can be used exactly the same way, or there are 'factory' built units, I think.

It is an absolutely fantastic addition to about any setup.. IMO. Even a simple vented hood does extreemly well at reducing heat and allowing you to get the lights 'close'.

I run 6" aircooled rioght now, but it is allways good to see how others cool their systems.

ahhh.. then you aren't unfamiliar with the 'concept', only the "name"..

Latest posts

Back