Cooling your growroom without outside vent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thc is good for me

I smoke Marijuana Blunts
Reaction score
Hey guys I got another thing I would love some input on. I was curious if there are any ways to cool my growroom without bringing air from outside in. I have a 400 watt HPS and it goes from about 70 in the morning to 100F at night. My plants do fine because I have c02 but I want too put my other 400 wattt HPS in there but im scared it will be like 120F in there if i do thatand i know my plants cant handle that even with c02

Ideas?

-Make a vented hood for both shades maybe

-Save $150 and get a indoor air coler

IDK guys Any Ideas ???

Im in the same boat as you man. I wish somebody would invent an hps bulb that puts off no heat.

Right now, I do a closet. I can't pull air from outside, my intake is the air in my house. Not the best, I know. Your problem is heat, and removing it. Your house isn't 100*F and niether should your growroom.
My solution was to vent into the attic. The ventalation is fairly easy to and aquire. Hit up the DIY forum and build a scrubber. Then find a way to pull air into your space.
For me, air come in through the bottom of the door through small holes that are angled to avoid light but allow air, and then a nice hole inn the back of the wall, which happens to lead into another closet.
Bit of a pain in the *** but it'll do for now.
Unfortunately, if you rent, you either need to be handy with tools and be able to patch, sand, and paint your little edits on the house, or you might be losing some money and having some bad renters history.
Of course you could always go for the cooler. IMO, that hood ain't gonna help for squat...
Good luck and good smoke

Do you have a window in the room where the grow closet is situated? If so, put an ac in. Hopefully, that'll bring the temperature down, but I doubt that you'll be able to put a second 400 watt hps in there too.

Unless you have FRESH air coming into your grow room then IMO your wasting your time. Plants need fresh air to survive there's just no way around it...take care..

Yea I have a hole where the light was in my closet but to make it so I can vent to te attic I would have to move tons of that fluffy insulation there is like 2 feet of it in my attic There isnt floor up there I have to step on beams. I want to do that eventually but it will be a big hassle

Sir_Tokie said:
Unless you have FRESH air coming into your grow room then IMO your wasting your time. Plants need fresh air to survive there's just no way around it...take care..

Plants need c02 to survive I have a co2 tank and reg. My plants are healthy ....

Is there a way you can draw air from your attic?

Latest posts

Back