couple questions???? lights and harvesting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

halzey68

light cycle. 18/6 directly to 12/12, or changing lighting in steps???????? i thinks there a new study, according to a friend, you shouldnt skip the 16 or 14 hour periods, that they are beneficial to the transition to the flowering stage.

harvesting... harvest with light on or just before it comes on in darkness. Does the light coming on create a rush of carbs and vitamins's to the top of the plant?????

you can do this, when you see buds start to grow, switch to hps, stay wtih 18 light for day one, then move one hour back each day, that will boost their growth of buds, keep doing it till its 12/12, until harvest time, just cutting it, so buds can explode slow (More rooms off when leaves is cutted) hang it with fishing string, in dark cool room, thats where vibes starts.. leave it for 2 to 3 week or until it snaps, there is agurement in mp about using co2 to volume the buds when it is flowering.. thats where rushs of co2 came from that method. check our forums bout 2 cent co2 hehe i posted there

one question since your plants only keep growing while there 18\6
if your plant is budding like half way into harvest can u switch to 18\6 and just let the plant grow with buds on the plant

Unless you have an autoflowering strain, MJ will not flower unless the days get shorter and the nights get longer, it needs atleast 10 hours of darkness and even then flowering will be majorily delayed.

Also changing the lighting schedule is only going to help one thing...which is to promote hermies.

No you can not switch back to 18/6 half way through flowering and stay flowering... You plants will begin to reveg and the entire growth structure will start to change. Do not play with your lighting schedule during flowering, unless you are dropping more lit hours to mature your plants faster, realizing that means a lower overall harvest

papabeach1 said:
you can do this, when you see buds start to grow, switch to hps, stay wtih 18 light for day one, then move one hour back each day, that will boost their growth of buds, keep doing it till its 12/12, until harvest time, just cutting it, so buds can explode slow (More rooms off when leaves is cutted) hang it with fishing string, in dark cool room, thats where vibes starts.. leave it for 2 to 3 week or until it snaps, there is agurement in mp about using co2 to volume the buds when it is flowering.. thats where rushs of co2 came from that method. check our forums bout 2 cent co2 hehe i posted there

TheChosenOne said:
one question since your plants only keep growing while there 18\6
if your plant is budding like half way into harvest can u switch to 18\6 and just let the plant grow with buds on the plant

Plants keep growing on 12/12, switching back to vegg is a bad idea.

halzey68 said:
light cycle. 18/6 directly to 12/12, or changing lighting in steps???????? i thinks there a new study, according to a friend, you shouldnt skip the 16 or 14 hour periods, that they are beneficial to the transition to the flowering stage.

harvesting... harvest with light on or just before it comes on in darkness. Does the light coming on create a rush of carbs and vitamins's to the top of the plant?????

Go directly to 12/12. I have neither heard nor read anything that has ever indicated that the plants benefit from a transition period.

I don't thnk it matters one bit when you harvest, as long as the girls are ready. No the lights coming on does not create a rush of carba and vitamins (?) to the top of the plant. The production of THC is a grandual proicess, which is why we wait until the trichs are cloudy/amber to harvest.

The only time I have ever read of a grower using a transition phase in their lighting to more closely mimic outdoor lighting is in an essay written by DJ Short where he talks about trying to coax out the rarer sativa phenotypes from plants. Going from 18/6 to 16/8 to 14/10 to 12/12 may (I said may) bring out a phenotype you would not have otherwise seen but it will also greatly extend your flowering time and increase the length of the overall cycle between crops. As far as it being detrimental to your crops no it won't hurt them at all, but like mass said going from flower to veg (increasing the light cycle) will confuse the plant and greatly increase your chance for a hermaphrodite.

yike!! dang they are right... i just learn we got 2 herms !!!!! man! dont do what I said, stick to what massproduce and tater says!!, I tried it, it work, herms has buds, and balls!! growls.. did hung up these 2 herms, oh well see what that can do lol but I rather to have female over male and herms! that is mistakes I learned something new! and gotta to do right on my next grow after these bloom is done. again, thank you very much tater jeez gotta learn my mistakes!

if you are thinking of getting a cloning machine, think again! Check Out...Massproducers, "make a $35 bubble cloner" post/link above. This Is Too Cool. Thanks massproducer for the great design!!!!!!!!!!!!:holysheep: :holysheep: :lama: :lama: :lama: :48: :48: :48: :48: :holysheep:

i agree with you halzey68,i made 1 and it works good.if i could keep my gf's flower cuttings out of it,lol guess i will make her 1 for her plamts.i didn't really know if it would work or not.until she started playing with it.she put some rooting solution in the water and it seemed to help.

Latest posts

Back