Advertise On Marijuana Passion

cross breeding

tallslim

Reaction score
in my garden i have two different strains. i found out that a male has eluded me in one of the strains. so i thought, why not, lets cross breed. well anyway i cut him down and i was wondering what is the best way to cross breed with one plant of the other strain without threatin to pollenate the rest of the harvest.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
c/p courtesy of ganjaguru..
I had a male plant that I seperated from the others as soon as it grew balls (2 days after 12/12!). When the balls opened and it began to shed pollen I put a small paper bag over a branch that had tons of balls and left it for several days.
Then I removed the bag which by now contained lots of pollen (and ditched the male). I put the paper bag in a tight-sealing container and kept it in a cool dry place for several weeks, then I put the bag over the end of the lowest branch of a female that had developing buds and shook it up, then removed it.
The next day I sprayed the entire female with water which invalidates the unused pollen and set her back in the flowering room with her sisters.
And grew a crop of sinsemilla except for that 1 branch.
Another way to collect pollen is to cut the branch of a male off as soon as it begins to shed pollen (or just before), then put that branch in a glass of water that was sitting on a pane of glass. It will continue to live long enough to shed. Then you can scrape the pollen off the glass into a paper bag, and when ready, use a small paint brush to paint pollen onto the chose branch(es).
Of course, there should be NO air circulation during collection & pollination.

tallslim

Reaction score
thanks alot hick, a friend of mind did the methond with putting a plastic bag over one branch and i think he was lazy about it and pollinated most of the plant. i think i will be more cautious then he was. should i pollinate early into flowering or late? man my babies look great.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
I like to pollinate early on, for a couple of reasons.
1...It gives the seeds abundant time for maturation
2...Only exposed pistills can be pollinated. Pistils grown after pollination wil remain seedless.

Use a small artists paintbrush to pollinate.

tallslim

Reaction score
thanks again, i forget about the grow guide we have here.

tallslim

Reaction score
hey hick, why isn't Marpassion ever on anymore.

Latest posts