Cross Breeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runyoned18

Weedwhacker421
Reaction score
Ok smokers here is one for you. I have never tried to cross breed two different strains and really want to try two kinds that I have had an eye on. My favorite purple haze and pink Cinderella. I wondered how it would look if it actually came out with the pink and purple colors and of course the taste counts as well. I have read up on how to do it and am going to give it a try as soon as this grow is done. Any thoughts on this or ideas on the best way to try it. I will only pollinate one branch for the seeds or is it better to do a whole plant? HUH! Pink haze or purple Cinderella I kind of like those names.

One branch will give you plenty of seeds. I pollinated two small lower branches on a THC Bomb and ended up with 280 seeds before I got bored with digging them out of the buds.

I'm just starting to learn cross breeding and how new strains are made stable. Not sure I have the patience or the space, but I plan to give it a try.

On the name, how about Hazy Cinderella??

Cross breeding is easy. Getting the cross you want is hard. Then you need to stabilize the phenotype over a few generations if you want to get consistent expression of the traits you want. Pollen chucking is fun though. Crash is doing some crazy crosses. As Crash said, you will get a lot of seeds. I got well over 1000 per plant by just letting a male live and pollinate for a couple weeks.

Ok smokers here is one for you. I have never tried to cross breed two different strains and really want to try two kinds that I have had an eye on. My favorite purple haze and pink Cinderella. I wondered how it would look if it actually came out with the pink and purple colors and of course the taste counts as well. I have read up on how to do it and am going to give it a try as soon as this grow is done. Any thoughts on this or ideas on the best way to try it. I will only pollinate one branch for the seeds or is it better to do a whole plant? HUH! Pink haze or purple Cinderella I kind of like those names.
I’m crossing hells og x haze to a once inbred garlic budder this crop. Tasty and knock out intense stoned to the bone.

And you need to keep the male you started with alive to use in each crossing, that is the way they try to stabilize their pheno. I bx'ed a snow queen and crossed the snow queen to another cross of cheech wizard grand daddy haze. turned out real nice, but I wasn't trying to stabilize anything there.

And you need to keep the male you started with alive to use in each crossing, that is the way they try to stabilize their pheno. I bx'ed a snow queen and crossed the snow queen to another cross of cheech wizard grand daddy haze. turned out real nice, but I wasn't trying to stabilize anything there.
I have even bagged pollen and froze it

Latest posts

Back