curls :-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mactight

MOUNTIAN DEW
Reaction score
My plants are on day 5 after transplant,and they are 23 days old.I have them in ocean forest,started to give them Grow big at transplant into 4 gallon pots.I have them under a 400 MH,thats 16 inches away.I have good circulation 2 fans blowing in fresh air and two fans blowing out,the plants have a light breeze on them also.Them temp at the top of the plants is 79deg.After all that,this is what my leaves are starting to do.

2270.jpg

2271.jpg

2272.jpg

If it isn't related to heat as in temperature........I would back off on the "hot" nutes. 23 days may be a little soon for a strong dose of ferts......

Flush that pot with plenty of fresh water, and in a few days, your plant should respond. I too am a little nute happy sometimes, but I watch the leaves reaction. Within 24 hrs, it will let you know if you need to flush.

It's better to "under nute", and bring them up, than "over nute", and flush them out, IMHO.

looks like mg- to me.... try epsom salt at 1 teaspoon to the gallon:hubba: should fix em right up IMHO with no flush needed.... most common prob you will see with grow'n marijuana as most ferts don't have what is needed for the plant

HGB said:
looks like mg- to me.... try epsom salt at 1 teaspoon to the gallon:hubba: should fix em right up IMHO with no flush needed.... most common prob you will see with grow'n marijuana as most ferts don't have what is needed for the plant

Thank you.I really didnt know what was going on with my plants,I just knew that it wasnt a heat issue.Thanks for ALL the responces on this thread.

i 3rd the MG, i had that problem on my vary 1st grow and epsome salt mad them strighten back out. give a good flush with Ph blanced water and mist it with epsome salt

Growdude said:
Let us know how they turn out.
Well yesterday I watered them like I normally would,with the epsom 1 teaspoon per gallon,I also sprayed the leaves to help give it that extra boost,and this morning.They look the same,but with more leaves that are curled.I dont know if I have to do this process again,or is there another step I need to do now?How long does it take before it epsom kick in?

Only foliar once... The last thing you want is to over do that. Be patient and let the plants scars heal. ;)

So they aren't getting better? Okay. We obviously are having a hard time getting to it then... Why don't we start up by giving a big old flush to the plants. In a day or two give them some half strength nutes... Let's hope this "starting from scratch" method will take care of this issue. ;)

If anyone has any other thoughts, do tell. :)

DLtoker said:
If anyone has any other thoughts, do tell. :)

PH is off thats for sure and a proper flush can fix that.... but only the mg is locked out right now from what I can see and the epsom salt should take care of it with one dose at the proper PH in a couple days

can also try 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil for Mg-.

Mg can get locked up by too much Ca, Cl, or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

and if nothing else a proper PH adjusted flush at 3 times the volume of the pot will sort it:)

any chance of a current pic of the plants mactight???

I use RO water which test's at 6 .I use grow big and they are in ocean forest.I dont think my PH should be too high from that????I will have some new pics up here in acouple minutes.

Here are them new pics of acouple of the plants.:shocked:

2278.jpg

2279.jpg

2280.jpg

i also have a 400mh...when my leaves turned up like that(only not near as bad)it was suggested to me they were doing that to transpire moisture due to high heat.i also read that somewhere. ive run my light as low as 12in so this may not be your problem but it looked similar so i thought id mention it.oh,when i put a fan blowing across the bottom of my light it solved my problem

mactight said:
I use RO water which test's at 6 .I use grow big and they are in ocean forest.I dont think my PH should be too high from that????

i would think it is to low:) FF ferts drop the ph even more after the RO....

I tried and tried to grow with RO using FF products and couldnt control the PH at all

can flush with 7 ph water and start over like DLtoker said above or try the lime to balance your soil PH out to 7

IMHO i would dump that RO water if the PH is 6 and find another water source

good karma to the plants

HGB said:
i would think it is to low:) FF ferts drop the ph even more after the RO....

I tried and tried to grow with RO using FF products and couldnt control the PH at all

can flush with 7 ph water and start over like DLtoker said above or try the lime to balance your soil PH out to 7

IMHO i would dump that RO water if the PH is 6 and find another water source

good karma to the plants
I use RO water,because I have a water softener in my house.So,I get my RO water from the dispencers at the store.I am filling 5 gallons all the time:D So any good Idea on a different water source?

mactight said:
I get my RO water from the dispencers at the store.I am filling 5 gallons all the time

same thing i was doing mac... IMO those RO's in the stores are crap as I tried many different one's in soil and hydro

have since moved and use river water in the summer and rain water after i pull my pump from the river for winter grows....

my well is sulfur so don't use it much really and cant see buy'n what falls from the sky:hubba:

find a water source that PH's to 7 and ph nutes after mixed to 7...cant go wrong that way IMHO

got a few PH charts if ya want to check em out:hubba:

HGB said:
same thing i was doing mac... IMO those RO's in the stores are crap as I tried many different one's in soil and hydro

have since moved and use river water in the summer and rain water after i pull my pump from the river for winter grows....

my well is sulfur so don't use it much really and cant see buy'n what falls from the sky:hubba:

find a water source that PH's to 7 and ph nutes after mixed to 7...cant go wrong that way IMHO

got a few PH charts if ya want to check em out:hubba:
I'd love to see them.I also tested my outside water and that tested at 7.5???But,I also live on a lake.How would that water work?The clearity of the water on this lake is almost 20 feet.I just run out there really quick.The lake water tested out at 7.If that dont work.I will start to put out some buckets to catch that rain and snow.;)

mactight said:
The lake water tested out at 7.

5 gallon bucket of that and a fish pump with 2 stones to airate it will work just fine

attached 4 out of the 24 ph charts i have lol

pH3.jpg

pH5.jpg

pH8.gif

pH13.jpg

Latest posts

Back