Dad brings in cops after discovering teen's pot plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
A teenage girl has learned a lesson about "tough love" after her father called police after discovering a marijuana plant sprouting in her bedroom closet.

Troy police were called to the home on Cheltenham Drive last weekend, where the father of a 16-year-old girl led officers to his daughter's bedroom, according to Lt. Michael Lyczkowski.

"They found a large pot plant in her bedroom closet," Lyczkowski said. "The father said she had recently asked to put a lock on the door to keep her siblings from taking her clothes. Her parents agreed, as long as they received a key to the closet.

"For some reason on the day he called, the father decided to try the lock and discovered that his key didn't fit."

The father then forced the lock and discovered the plant growing in the closet.

"He found the plant, plant food, grow lights and a fan," Lyczkowski said. "His daughter was out for the evening. We confiscated the marijuana and turned it over to the juvenile unit, where it remains under investigation."

The incident is nearly a mirror image of another case in October in Rochester Hills when deputies from the Oakland County Sheriff's Department arrested a 40-year-old woman for growing pot inside her home.

In that case, the person who called police was the woman's 19-year-old daughter.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/yzwx9vp

A dad doing that to his own daughter?

Now in 2 years, When his daughter has a spread in Penthouse. Hes going to be wondering where he went wrong as a parent.

Some people just shouldn't be parents

That's something my mother would have done in 1969. Wake up and smell the coffee DAD!!!!!!!!!! Peace out

Bet there will be no Father and Daughter picnic this year.

but seriously why not throw it out and ground her, dont give her ba record

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Now in 2 years, When his daughter has a spread in Penthouse.

If she does that, she might as well go to work in the RLD in Amsterdam, to have everything ;)

Common sense is getting in shorter supply it seems. Not only does the father calling the cops on his teen but the 19 yr old that called the cops on her mom's grow gets me just as riled up. Can't we all just get along? :cool:

i wonder if dad realizes that he is going to have to pay for the court fees to "punish" his own child

My dad threatened to call the cops on me for a bag o weed back around '75. That's just the way some dads think. They wana teach you a lesson. He did teach me a lesson alright - taught me not to keep my smoke in a wooden jar with marijuana leaves carved into the sides on my dresser.

There is still a lot of misinformation out there on exactly what pot is and does. It's changing-but slowly...

AG

The real question is.?
Was she a Marijuana Passion Member .!!

16 yr of age and already knows how to grow in the house, must of done her home work..
Smart Girl!!!
Dumb Dad that has to pay juvenile court cost!!:eek:

My father-in-law found a MJ plant growing in a planter in the back of my yard last year said he was going to teach me a lesson. He about lost his wife over it. Now he isn't allowed in our yard.

This was a plant that I never knew about it was simply a seed that took and I never knew about it. Now he will hide when I am around at holidays gatherings... He really taught me a lesson of how to be a tool. :D

Wait a minuet......
This girl lives in his home, presumably he provides her with food, clothes, and a roof over her head. I would have to immagine she knew his out-look on marijuana. She said the installation of lock was so her sibblings could'nt get her clothes, by changing the lock she forfieted any reasonable expectation of privacy. She demonstated herself to be a lying, selfish, sneak.
He turned her into the cops.....big deal. She deserved it!!! She was'nt involved in an activity where only she paid the price of discovery. Her grow put the entire family in jepordy. Had LEO found the grow instead of her dad they could have faced a bajillion dollars in legal bills, possible forfieture of thier home, removal of the other children from the family unit, ect, ect, ect.
I long for the day when MJ is no more taboo than a beer. That being said, a man's home is his castle. Live by his rules or live elsewhere.
I GROW......and I accept the possible consequences. I would never be so arrogant, even when I was a teen (contrary to popular belief, teens know right from wrong). My mom would'nt have called LEO, she'd have put me down like a mad dog.

My dad would not have called the cops he would have hid the body lol....I feel like he could have handled it as a father without bringing the law into it. As a parent I would be pissed but unless my kid harmed someone I wouldnt turn them in...kids do stupid things he should kind of expect something like this from a teenager...atleast she isnt pregnant or on heroin. What kind of parent is he allowing a lock because his other kids STEAL? sounds like a person who doesnt handle situations the correct way... bad parent all around. my parents would have said no lock and kicked whoevers butt was stealing form someone else..now he has a thief and a sneak on his hands.

I have a feeling that the Dad thought if he called the Law that they would help him scare the duaghter into giving up the idea of growing. That may have worked 30 years ago, back then I could see the law showing up at the fathers request and not actually taking her to jail, but making a show that they could take her in and screw up her life. But now days they will use any and all excuses to get another bust for there belt. Not they they show compassion these days in any sense, Just another bust to them.

I can understand in this situation the dad blowing his top, it was his home and he is allowed to make the rules. But I would have to deal with this (If it were me) without calling the Law. That and she was to young to be involved with MJ. I would rather my kids make this decision for themselves after the age of 18, when they have mnore world experience and a bit more grown up.

Latest posts

Back