dad drugtests randomly, i need advice bro.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, good conversation and good points made.

I really think it's up to you to decide,
but I'm a firm believer that if you want to start smoking, wait until your life is stable.

that's the bad thing about kids smoking..especially smoking regs, which make you down-n-out, and lazy. Then they grow up being 'downed-n-out and lazy' (most of them)
Then you just have lazy people who smoke, and everyone points a finger at saying "that's what is going to happen to you" blah blah blah.

be responsible with it. It's a gift, so treat it as one.

sensistar90 said:
What about a 16 year old and a 40 year old. Most older people haven't even been to college and there are people that are 16 years old in college classes.

I can list a multitude of things different than a 40 yr old. compared to a 16 yr. old.
Few 16 yr. olds. have discovered what "true regret" is. Having true regret makes you think about your actions more closely ahead of time. Also know more about the world and how it works as well as how control your actions and not be clouded by emotion or the pitfalls that a 30-40 yr. old has already experienced.
I toke yes, I am a parent, yes. Would I hand a 16 yr. old a 5th of johnny walker...hell no. Would I buy a 5th of maker's mark for a working collegue hell yes. I know the collegue has more of a head on there shoulders.
I would wait for my kid to "experience" it on his own. Then whn he did...we would have the "talk". About how it really is and what it means to be "descreet and safe" as possible about it. But I would not burn up with him until he was on his own and I could "honestly" view him as a man.
For me weed is my way of winding down at the end of the day. Not to roll outa bed get wasted, eat lunch burn a blunt, eat dinner take 20 bong rips and pass out.....much much more to life than that. Teenagers are not the poster people for "moderation"

well said mutt.

I wish you were my dad..

haha, my dad came over to my house the other day. I was sleeping so he left some things for me and had seen some cookies I had made. He told me latter on he had spit them out in the trash after thinking I probably put weed or mus*r*oms in them.
..I told him I'll label the different strains of cookie next time.

choking_victim said:
..I told him I'll label the different strains of cookie next time.
:rofl: "cookie strains"

As bad as I hate Insurance companies, I have to admit that they gather all the data necessary to make the comparison between people of different ages in terms of smoking pot or drinking booze.

The numbers of DEAD people per/thousand as a result of booze and/or pot are already documented.

This is an inescapable set of numbers.

When I was a youngster, I was on my own, and I mean living on my own at 13. I worked full time and also went to school full time and graduated from high school.

As a result of this, I was a great deal more mature than the young people my same age. I got in no trouble because I didn't have time and I sure couldn't afford to lose my job at a restaurant where most of my food came from and all my money.

It used to piss me off bad that I had to pay more for my car insurance than someone over 21. Now, I can look at WHY those numbers are still at the same ratio.

People IN GENERAL that are less than 21 drive more aggressively, don't have enough experience behind the wheel to have learned to drive defensively ALL THE TIME, and WAY more of them get hurt or killed in traffic accidents as a direct result of being drunk or high, then any other group of people by age.

This is fact, not guesses.

A single individual like who I was at that age, may be more mature than his friends, but as a group, things are what they are and it's shown clearly that younger people tend to not think things through as thoroughly as older people and as a result, get hurt or hurt things or others more often.

This is also a proven fact. Anyone who would ignore this would be a fool.

Young people, when you see one of your friends slammin doughnuts in a car in a parking lot with smoke pouring off their tires and THEN watch them go out on the highway doing the same crap, IT'S THEM that is driving your insurance rates over the top and causing older people to look at all young people in the same manner.

Tell them that they're acting like the "typical kid" that adults make fun of and set the rules by. They're hurting YOU, not me.

It's the same with pot, just like Mutt said.

One person here on this group was literally bragging one time about how they LOVE to get blasted and go for a drive. They actually said they thought they drive better that way. That person had just turned 18, so they said.

Adults aren't just picking on kids because adults have some weird mean streak and just like to screw with young people.

Most rules are set on averages. If the average for young people to get into drug or booze related deaths and damage is SO FAR ABOVE that of older people, then you have to look at WHY those averages are so high.

It's because younger people CAUSE MORE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION in vehicles than older people. Uh duh!

Do I want some 16 year old who has three weeks experience behind the wheel of a car getting high and also driving? HELL NO.

Any young person who gets insulted by being treated in this manner needs to thank their friends next time they see them getting stupid in a car.

As for how people act when they're high, it's an easy one to see. Go to your local mall on a Friday or Saturday night and watch the behavior of the different ages. If you get high, then you know how to tell if someone else is high. Watch them. Watch how they act.

The high young people will be acting like idiots in general. Acting like they don't know how to handle the high. Getting ignorant and making a lot of noise.

Anyone can go do this experiment.

As an older person, I get tired of young people trying to blow off the blame for the actions of their own age group.

If you are a young person and you act mature and don't cause problems or harm to others, then you are the exception to the rule. The stats don't lie. How can you fake a car full of dead young people who are all drunk and high?

Yes, older people do this too. Just not as many per/thousand. As I said, the stats simply don't lie.

If you want to be treated as an equal with an older person, then make those stats drop. Make those OTHER young people stop hurting your chances to be respected as a mature person.

Don't blame older people for the actions of people who are young and acting stupid.

<Stoney climbs back down off his soap box now>

Deep sigh at the above

we live, we enjoy we die

stomping on others is not what this thread is about

HippyInEngland said:
Deep sigh at the above

we live, we enjoy we die

stomping on others is not what this thread is about

Since you haven't quoted anyone and refer to only "the above", it's impossible to tell who it is you're referring to.

Who are you saying is stomping on who?

I smell aggression starting. Simply stated if you are to young to make your own decisions then you should stray away from those that are responsible for making the decisions for you as they will get in trouble if caught (meaning, take your grown outside some where far away from your parents house. If you are going to be doing this). I am not condoning this in any way but people will do what they want to.

Other wise wait until you have your own place to grow and are legaly allowed to make decisions for your self.:cool:

clever_intuition said:
Other wise wait until you have your own place to grow and are legaly allowed to make decisions for your self.:cool:

AND not cause any harm to anyone but yourself if you do screw up.

AND don't cost anyone else to clean up any mess you create as a result of your own actions.

No aggression here man. Just the facts. Lots of young people try the blame game on older people. I'm just putting in my 2 cents....Well, maybe a nickle. :)

My kids don't even know I smoke or grow MJ...

I got a teenage daughter that's always ridin' by butt about cigarettes anyway. She hates 'em.

She's also bought into all that D.A.R.E. crap they're indoctrinating them with in school now, so I gotta keep EVERYTHING on the DL when she's over here... She'd be the first one to open her mouth if she ever found out.
:hitchair: They're teaching our kids to be snitches! :hitchair:

I even have to lock the door to the computer room just to come in here & the other forums I frequent... Then cover my tracks before I let her get online.

Sucks, really... But what can we do against the machine? :**:

EDIT... Ok, this is funny... One of your own smilies is a banned word... :holysheep: :eek: (The one waving the little flag with the B and the S on it.) :rolleyes: :p

Don't even get me into my feelings on DARE. :angrywife:
I'll post a 2 page rant. :eek:

Mutt said:
Don't even get me into my feelings on DARE. :angrywife:
I'll post a 2 page rant. :eek:

I double DOG dare you you start a rant on D.A.R.E :p

I think that would be leading into politics and law........Not a good discussion to delve into on this site.

Ok my insight on this, as a 16 year old i did everything my parents told me not to do just because of that.... so lets get into this young thing, age 18 has become the world standard on what makes a kid into a young adult, now why is that? just like MUTT said "experience" at this point in life you are given serious responsabilities in one way or another because by now you should have experienced some mistakes, regrets, shame, dissollusion and so on, the things that are part of any adult lifes today, at this point you literally make your future as everyday goes on.
My son is 9 years old, but i can guarantee that before he is 16 he knows about drugs and the effects caused by it and i will not tell him it is forbidden but will give him plenty of insights on why he should make the right decision when the time comes. as a father i thought my son more of how things work and how they could hurt you instead of NO, DONT EVER DO THAT", ill explain further, within the next year i will take my son to a gun range and show him what a gun is, what it can do and definitely gun handling and safety, i will let him shoot it if likes, now the reason behind this, he sees guns on tv all day as a form of entertainment and amusement, if my son was ever found in a situation where another kid has a gun he can properly know what to do instead of wonder how cool it would be to play with it... Given that in mind, i think due to todays way of life telling your kid no isnt cutting it anymore, we need to resort more on teaching them the knowledge that would make them make the right decisions, when you think about it PEER PRESSURE is a B ***** H and their friends can be very persuasive nowaday. well i ranted enufff .. lol:ignore:

Firepower said:
todays way of life telling your kid no isnt cutting it anymore, we need to resort more on teaching them the knowledge that would make them make the right decisions...

It sounds to me like your son has a Father who takes very good care of him.

In different societies throughout time, many households were governed by parents who think much like you do, Firepower.

Literature abounds with examples of this type of thinking. The success rate of your type of teaching is the highest of all methods.

Teaching the *reason* for things has always been much more effective than "laying down the law" as an Authoritarian.

My opinion won't add to your life, but you are doing a hell of a good job by teaching your son instead of making him learn by rote.

Congrats to you!

As a kid, I would have hated Stoney's point of view...

I went out & smoked with my friends... Drove stoned, or drunk, or both... Acted like a complete idiot & thought it was cool...

Every time my parents opened their mouths, I was like :ignore:

I was young... stupid... and indestructible... We've all been there...

Sometimes, I wonder how I survived it all.

BUT now... As a "40 something" parent myself... I know exactly where he's coming from...

I see these youngsters all the time acting like total fools & I wouldn't want to be their parents... Waiting for that "bad news" phone call @ 2:00 am telling me to go to the jail, hospital... Or the morgue.

Your perspective changes as you get older.

clever_intuition said:
I think that would be leading into politics and law........Not a good discussion to delve into on this site.

I think bash'n D.A.R.E. is ok here if one goes about it that right way:)

HGB said:
I think bash'n D.A.R.E. is ok here if one goes about it that right way:)

What D.A.R.E. means to me....:p

We are in a "War" on drugs....so in essence all of LEO is military by default...they are after all the soldiers for the other side.

Quote:
The military use of children takes three distinct forms: children can take direct part in hostilities (child soldiers), or they can be used in support roles such as porters, spies, messengers, look outs, and edit; or they can be used for political advantage either as human shields or in propaganda.

Latest posts

Back