Damn MITES!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LV_pothead

Spaceman Spliff
Reaction score
So I have had mites since the very begining. I want to get rid of them once and for all. I use a few products at this point in time and keep them at bay, however, they still exist, and seem to like to colonize on my late flower plants. What will it take to rid myself of them for good?? I know I'm not the only one who has been through this. Please help!

I have eradicated them from my grow with something called SNS 217 and Floramite -- If it is late in flower you don't want to mess with Floramite. It take a month for the stuff to disapate from the plant. SNS 217 is suposed to be okay to use until a couple of weeks before chop. Mites will lay dormant in your grow area and come back to life later on, so you really have to give your whole grow room a good bath in a diluted bleach mix -- it will kill them. Use some pepper spray on floors and walls and inbetween areas (not on plants) and good luck -- I know what a pita they are.

AFTER flower, not during.

FORBID, FLORAMITE, AVID

Pick 2 and alternate as needed. As Herm says follow directions!!!!!

I've had to use the Forbid twice in the last 14 months or so. Repeat applications were not needed. I've yet to open the Floramite, the Forbid was 100% effective.

Wet

I used a product 'Garland' 'bug off' now discontinued in the u.k. systemic so stays within plant for upto 12 weeks so done on mums in veg and mist ya flower room and ive not had a mite since 2 years now.
T4

I agree with wet dog: alternate between two diff products, apply liberally to whole plant(especially underside of leaves), apply about every 5 days to coincide with life cycle of the mite eggs, if possible clear out room at earliest opportunity and bleach everything, cross your fingers and say a prayer to your specific diety.

Wetdog said:
AFTER flower, not during.

FORBID, FLORAMITE, AVID

Pick 2 and alternate as needed. As Herm says follow directions!!!!!

I've had to use the Forbid twice in the last 14 months or so. Repeat applications were not needed. I've yet to open the Floramite, the Forbid was 100% effective.

Wet

:yeahthat: I have had exceptional luck with Forbid. You can buy it on E-bay in small amounts, like 1/4 oz. A little bit goes a long long way. Be sure to follow all directions to a T when using strong miticides.

you need chemical pesticide, and do the entire room. cleaning and making it neat and flat with not many holes and dirty surfaces, removing leaves and cleaning will help a lot in preventing infestation. i do a cleanup and pesticide between grows, then i use pesticide just before i begin flowering.

Well thanks everyone, I guess I should have clarified what is going on, keep in mind I run a continual harvest.

In the veg room, I rotate between Floramite and Azomax, I spray once a week and switch products everytime. When they go to the flower room I spray with Forbid. I spot spray(leaves only) when needed with azomax after that.

But those damn bugs are still there... I want them gone!

Do I have to like get all new soil and sterilize and paint and sterilize some more?

LV_pothead said:
Well thanks everyone, I guess I should have clarified what is going on, keep in mind I run a continual harvest.

In the veg room, I rotate between Floramite and Azomax, I spray once a week and switch products everytime. When they go to the flower room I spray with Forbid. I spot spray(leaves only) when needed with azomax after that.

But those damn bugs are still there... I want them gone!

Do I have to like get all new soil and sterilize and paint and sterilize some more?

YAAAA

Once a WEEK?????

Hate to say this, but it looks like you've created resistant mites by over applying that stuff. IDK about Azomaz, but with the Forbid and IIRC, the Floramite also, you're only supposed to apply once/month.

Got any room where you could stick a 1gal container? I have noticed that if there is any garlic growing nearby, there are no mites. Doesn't seem to matter the stage of the garlic as long as there is green above the soil.

Wet

Latest posts

Back