DAY 7 First closter Grow, HOM AM I DOING?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayreef

Herb Jedi
Reaction score
Ok, this is the 7th day of my first closet grow. I currently have 2 ladies "prayin" under 2 40w floros. 4 tubes all together however each plant only directly under 2 tubes each. Anyhow this is day 7, recently in forum my setup was called "ghetto" however I am proud. Not bad I dont think, can I get some feedback? Plan to re arrange grow space and itrouduce 2 1600 lumen cfls and continue use of 4 40w floros.

100_1955.JPG

100_1956.JPG

100_1959.JPG

great set up man you shoul see my ghetto set up i built the light rack from pvc and three 24 under cabinet lights i got from wally world and an emergency blanket and as you can see my ladie love make sur you use the kelvins i started with 6500k in all three now i have the 2 outside bulbs at 2700k im 2 weeks into 12/12 so far you look good keep it up

jays 002.JPG

jays 011.JPG

thanks fellas, i appreciate it. a question so far i have been leaving my lights on 24 hours a day. how much longer can i keep this going? can i keep them on 24 hours all the way until i switch to 12/12 or should i go to 18/6 after 14 days?

clowd-9 said:
ur plants look v.good and dont listen to the a.holes on here, stay high and stay green my friend peace!

Who would these a-holes be:confused: ? For a newbie are you sure you want to start off by calling peeps a-holes!:holysheep: Nice little plant you got there!:hubba:

well in my grow i directly switched from 24/0 to 12/12 but if u want its good to do the 18/6 step in between it prepares the plant introducing the shorter days to it.

phatpharmer said:
Who would these a-holes be:confused: ? For a newbie are you sure you want to start off by calling peeps a-holes!:holysheep: Nice little plant you got there!:hubba:

Yeah, I don't know about the staying "green" part and sorta doubt the "peace" part (check out his thread entitled WHY) but he seems to have the "stay high" part locked up. And like I said in his post: I know I shouldn't watch a train wreck but I can't stop myself. Total self destrction is a terrible thing to observe.:cool:

clowd-9 said:
ur plants look v.good and dont listen to the a.holes on here, stay high and stay green my friend peace!

If he doesnt listen to us A.holes...How is he going to get any help? I suppose your grow looks like crap..cuzz you sound like crap..Have a nice day..A.hole..(or are you a "B" hole):rofl:

jayreef....things are looking good my friend..you will get diffrent answers on the 24/7 lighting..IMO..24/7 is only useful for revegging..other then that I dont see the benifit..I read that the plant still needs a dark period..thats why 18/6..IMO..is the best for Veg..and Im not sure how well the plants will do under those flours in flower..do you plan on adding any more lights? Good luck...Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

i wish i could have replied to that cloud-9 character... oh well, all of us "a-holes" are growing fantastic dank delights... cloud-9, on the other hand, is one of those people that gets fired from every job and then sreams out "conspiracy!, they all hate me!" but ignores the "your sh1tty at your job" part... ;)

Dontworry cloud-9, you wont be getting any more advice from us a-holes!!

here are some questions to get back on topic...

How much money are you prepared to spend on your grow room??
I ask because this can help most of us determine what sorts or setups would be best for you! - obviously, the more money the better, but before spending ANY more money on anything, I would consult here first so you dont end up like me, buying 3/4 of every style of system before understanding the workings... duh!.. but that was me, you can learn from that :D

Have you done a lot of research concerning lighting, air, humidity, nutrients...?? - A basic knowledge will help stimulate your brain for more questions which lead to more answers. Knowledge = Stinky Buds!!

Once you let us know how much your ready for, we can help make/design you a super efficient grow room that will grow you some stinky little b1tches!!

There is no reason not to run your light 24/7 when vegging. There is no evidence anywhere that marijuana needs a dark time. Your plant will grow all the time it has light. Plants do not need an adjustment period when going to 12/12. You are, however, going to need substantially more light when it comes time to flower.

Watch for algae on your rockwool--IMO, it is a good idea to have your rockwool buried.

My best advice would be to listen to The Hemp Goddess :hubba: :hubba:

you can count on her advice... :aok:

thanks everyone. a ?? to hemp goddess, how sensitive is my plant? will I have trouble trying to transplant with the size they are? other than that, i'm working on a very limited budget. I plan to keep my ladies in the current space however I would like to make some additions. I plan to put 5 cfls directly over them. 2 2700k, and 3 5000k, other than that I would love a 400w hps. There is a site I found in forum however forgot to bookmark. It sold the parts for the ballast all you have to do is wire properly. The ballast kit was only about 50 or 60 dollars. Does anyone know this site? Like I said working very limited, all the advice I can get it welcome.

hXXp://htgsupply.com/producttypes.asp?categoryID=3&subcategoryID=95

replace XXs with Ts.

Yes jayreef, HTGsupply has some excellent products at decent prices. Customer service is paramount when ordering online, and this is one of HTG's strong suits. You will not go wrong ordering from them!

And I swear I don't work for them, lol. ;)

jayreef said:
thanks everyone. a ?? to hemp goddess, how sensitive is my plant? will I have trouble trying to transplant with the size they are? other than that, i'm working on a very limited budget. I plan to keep my ladies in the current space however I would like to make some additions. I plan to put 5 cfls directly over them. 2 2700k, and 3 5000k, other than that I would love a 400w hps. There is a site I found in forum however forgot to bookmark. It sold the parts for the ballast all you have to do is wire properly. The ballast kit was only about 50 or 60 dollars. Does anyone know this site? Like I said working very limited, all the advice I can get it welcome.

You should always use care when transplanting, but I think you will be just fine, especially since the roots encased in the rockwool are well protected.

To best utilize the light you have, I would recommend making your space as small as possible (but still large enough to accommodate your plants) and painting flat white or lining with mylar or panda film.

What is the wattage/lumens of the lights you have? Fluoros will work okay for vegging, but I would recommend saving for a HPS to flower. As others have said, HTG has some excellent deals and their customer service is great. I would buy an entire light setup--you can get a 400W HPS for about $100. If you spend $50-60 on a ballast kit, you still need a socket, cords, reflector, bulb, and a ballast box (I like my ballasts in a box).

Latest posts

Back