Decent day's work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen, I know I'm a bit biased here but I'd like to nominate Pencilhead for the Rookie of the Year award. Having had a chance to take a look "up close and personal," I can assure you that the quality is just as impressive as the quantity. I don't think there are many first time grows that wind up in my friend's league.

Sir_Tokie said:
Very nice crop ya got their Pencil, job well done and worth the wait I'm sure...take care..PS I love trimming a crop like you did "by myself" I like my buds a certain way (call me crazy..lol)

LOL, Hell no, I'm exactly the same... I am "particular" though :)

Cheers,

Excellent job PH. I wouldn't call it boasting- your pride is well deserved!

12:30pm Winston and Spot (not his real-dog name but his user-dog name) leave.

And btw- that's some funny stuff right there.

winstonwolf said:
.... but I'd like to nominate Pencilhead for the Rookie of the Year award....

Being a complete newbie myself, I'm not sure my vote counts for anything, but I'll second your nomination!!! Sure gives me somthing to dream about. Whenever my head starts spinning from reading all the resource info, and I'm tempted to start cutting corners, I look at PH's pix. It always kicks my butt back into gear to "Do It Right."

wmmeyer said:
Being a complete newbie myself, I'm not sure my vote counts for anything, but I'll second your nomination!!! Sure gives me somthing to dream about. Whenever my head starts spinning from reading all the resource info, and I'm tempted to start cutting corners, I look at PH's pix. It always kicks my butt back into gear to "Do It Right."

You are now a role model. Behave accordingly.

Oh and PH, an lb. off 4 plants is pretty outstanding for your first time. I still can not get over the .75 gram per watt hump, and I have about 5-6 grows in the past year.

wmmeyer said:
Fergit "role Model". The Dude's my freakin' HERO:) :) :) :)

I'll keep saying it: My sucess is a product of this board and the fine, clever and knowlegable people here. All I did was listen--most of the time.

If my projections are close on my drying crystal and my still flowering sativa bagseed girl, I should end up with about .63-.64 gms per watt. I have far exceeded my even most optimistic estimates.

Dude, Killer Crop and excellent photos. I recall reading your previous posts and relating with your anticipation anxiety. I'm stuggling along with my first grow but the two ladies are coming along just fine. I'm gonna purchase some Foxfarm Big Bloom fert this week and keep plugging along. Thanks for the diligent posting on your progress. Stay safe and sound.
Mr.Greengenes:holysheep:

final tally:

PencilHead's first grow report card.

Total cured and jarred:751 grams.
1200watts--(edit).625 grams per watt.
36 sqft/3.34 m2--20.86/sqft & 224.85/m2. (one of you metric guys should check my meter assesments)

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
Nice work Pencil, have a good nights sleep man. If you need me I will be in your closet pretending I have died and gone to heaven.

Well, make room for me, Diesel...I'll be there, too!
Man..that was FOUR WW's? How big were they? Those buds look enormous! Good freakin job, man.

Lass

winstonwolf said:
Listen, I know I'm a bit biased here but I'd like to nominate Pencilhead for the Rookie of the Year award. Having had a chance to take a look "up close and personal," I can assure you that the quality is just as impressive as the quantity. I don't think there are many first time grows that wind up in my friend's league.

Rookie of the year? Man...he can be King odf the World, in my book.

Lass

The Effen Gee said:
got any pics of the dried finished?

My camera battery is charging now. I tried to start an aguement on a new post in Harvsesting and realized I should really post some finished-product pics.

Effen Gee, this friggin sport is fantastic, I gotta say. I now see why you guys get into it, and it becomes not so much addictive as really possessive. I flipped the 12/12 lites back to daytime on my current clone grow experiment because I missed tinkering with it during the day. Man, I'm ruint. Ain't complaining, just ruint. And smoking the best s**t I've ever had on a regular basis.

PENCILHEAD...that was hydro? 1000 w HPS? How long did you flower? 10 weeks?
Im doing WW's, too, in soil, 600w HPS. I have five fems in the 14 th day of flowering. Anything special I need to know about The Widder? YOU da MAN, man.

Lass, in AWE.

PencilHead said:
My camera battery is charging now. I tried to start an aguement on a new post in Harvsesting and realized I should really post some finished-product pics.

Effen Gee, this friggin sport is fantastic, I gotta say. I now see why you guys get into it, and it becomes not so much addictive as really possessive. I flipped the 12/12 lites back to daytime on my current clone grow experiment because I missed tinkering with it during the day. Man, I'm ruint. Ain't complaining, just ruint. And smoking the best s**t I've ever had on a regular basis.

I have never heard or read anyone call this a sport before. Cheers for that one.

I spend a minimum of three to four hours a day working on grow related stuff, and I could easily invest a full 40+ a week.

Remember: this is like having a wage, you never regress or make less. Always forward. Never take a "pay cut" or downsize. Always progress, fine tune, streamline, restructure to become more efficient and effective.

Welcome to the club, or the big leagues.

The Effen Gee said:
I have never heard or read anyone call this a sport before. Cheers for that one.

Well, there's this:

hXXp://hightimes.com/cancup/ht_admin/1455

Latest posts

Back