deep water culture question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokinherper

python reguis addict!!!
Reaction score
im wondering if you have to change or filter the water? im having trouble finding info on maintaining this technique. all i can find is how to build one.

you will need to change the water, most likely once a week at least once every two weeks. depending on the size of your res.

check out some dwc journals. i change out every week or week and a half also. some people wait longer. youll need ppm and ph meters to check water.

There is TONS of info here on DWC.

If you have bad tap water (lots of dissolved solids), you may need to buy water or use an RO to "filter" out the solids. As loolagigi said, you will need meters to check your dissolved solids and your pH. Maintaining proper pH is critical in hydro.

The cooler the solution the better the roots will thrive. Try to maintain below 70 if possible. You can have warmer temps,,but bad things grow at warm temps. White roots are what yur looking for. Brown roots mean your temps are to high. Temps kicked my butt the 1st time I used DWC. And be very carefull not to allow ANY Light Penatration,,very very bad for roots.;)

Here,try getting rain water! Thats what I use..Ph about6.5-7 and ppm is 12..
just a thought
oneshot

tokinherper said:
im wondering if you have to change or filter the water? im having trouble finding info on maintaining this technique. all i can find is how to build one.
Always try to change the water once a week and refill at half strength nutes inbetween. Use h202 and check that your roots are not blocking the air stones. Water is good at 67 to 70 deg.

Latest posts

Back