Deer hunting season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch OUT guys! :eek: I think they're READY for u, too....:p

:holysheep:

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNGGbozilko&feature=related

Jb you sound like a friend of mine, don't hunt but is the first at the table for deer or boar. I try to give him at least half a deer every year.

Amen Ozzy!! The tweakers in the mid-west leave their byproducts all over the country side here to. They should be shot! I think most pot growers are for the most part environmental, who wants to grow in contaminted soil. When I was doing the gurilla growing I left my spots cleaner than when I started. I don't know how many times I went out to check crops and scared up whitetails...lots. I haven't gun hunted sinse I got out of the Army. I don't trust alot of them guys drinkin at 6 am with loaded shotguns, shootin at everything but the bucks.

ozzydiodude said:
Jb you sound like a friend of mine, don't hunt but is the first at the table for deer or boar. I try to give him at least half a deer every year.

thats me!

And be sure to send that other half my way, lol.

For real tho, i dont look down on those that do hunt, you get it honest. In fact, who is morally more correct???

Me for buying my meat?

Or you for doing what nature really intended?

dang it, now i gotta go get a bite, this thread is like watching those dang cooking shows, instant hunger!

I filled one of my tags on a decent buck with the old Mathews DXT.
I will be heading out in a few minutes to try and fill one of my 2 Doe Permits. I have 4 tags left. I donate at least 2 deer a year to the Venison Donation Program. This will go to the less fortunate, so they can have red protiens. I also give one to the land owner that lets me hunt on his land. He is a parapalegic and loves his venison.
Good luck to those who havent harvested yet...be safe!!!

Respect to the hunter who feed his family and his nieghbors as well!

In america you need a lisence to hunt deer and you have a limit. a tag is a tear off piece of paper attached to your license that you tie off to the deer with a twisty. You then report your kill to the parks and wildlife fer records. All the info is kept to prevent you from going over your limit.

HIE...When you purchase your Hunting liscense, they give you certain tags that allow you certain deer. Some states alot more than others. In other words...you can't just go out and shoot what you want. In my state, I am allowed 1 deer of either sex during archery season. You get another tag that must be an antlered deer for firearm season. They also let you apply in a lottery system for antlerless deer only.(this tag costs an extra $10) There is also a Blackpowder season that is the late season that allows you another deer. If you harvest an antlered deer with archery, you are only allowed to harvest an antlerless deer during Blackpowder season>
I hope I didn't confuse you...I doubt it, you are one smart cat:D

Oh, BTW...right afer I posted a few back. I got in my treestand at 3:30pm and filled one of my antlerless deer tags at 4:10pm. Now I have some work ahead of me. Anyone need a few venison steaks? I also make Kielbasa, Summer Sausage, Italian Sausage, Jerky...etc.

Thanks Guys :)

I now understand.

Its great learning new stuff :)

I have a question though, if you have your tag and get no kill, what happens?

:peace:

Hey Chef...are you a Chef?
The reason I ask is because I am as well. I am an Executive Chef/Professor in a restaurant with classroom and lab kitchen at a State University. The restaurant is open to the general public but we teach a full hands on Hospitality Program.
Keep on cooking Chef:D

HippyInEngland said:
Thanks Guys :)

I now understand.

Its great learning new stuff :)

I have a question though, if you have your tag and get no kill, what happens?

That means you have an empty freezer and the State keepsyour money:cry:

Surely some must bag 3 and declare a single tag shot.

It must happen a lot.

There must be many who just go and do it with no licence.

You get caught hunting here with out licences and get $500 to $1000 fine up to 6 months in jail and lose of bow or gun, radios, gps, 4-wheeler, etc,etc any thing you have on you that is used in hunting. Fine can go up per offence to.

HippyInEngland said:

It must happen a lot.

It is called poaching when doing it out of season......they call deer "side hill salmon" round here when they are taken out of season.

Back in texas it's called spotlight hunting,hehehe and it's illegal. Was a chef fer over 25 yrs before i retired early ucan.

jbonez my grandpa use to raise his own chickens crazy how there still standing/running after having theres heads removed

what happens if i hit a deer with the "truck" can i keep it?

eastla_kushsmoka said:
what happens if i hit a deer with the "truck" can i keep it?

There is a very strange law here.

If a vehicle hits a deer it is to drive on and leave the deer.

The vehicle behind is allowed to claim it.

HippyInEngland said:

It must happen a lot.

The game wardens from the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife in my state are absolutely ruthless. They even go so far as to plant deer "dummies" off of remote roads just at the treeline. Say it's a "bucks only, 2-point minimum" area (GMU), they'll set up a doe dummy and stake it out to see if anyone will stop and take a "pot-shot" at it. God help you if you do. They bust idiots every year in my GMU!

To show you how ruthless the wardens are: My neighbor's moron son and several of his buddies went out for modern center-fire elk last year. He managed to fill his bag, and the harvested bull met all requirements for the game management unit he was in. Peachy. One other fella also bagged out and his animal was regulation too. No problem, right? Well, being inexperienced and stupid, they tried the oldest trick in the book; they affixed their tags onto the antler as required by law, but they didn't fill them (tags) out. Here you have to actually write down what GMU you're in, time of day, animal stats (point count, bull or cow, etc.) in ink, and then you have to physically punch a hole in the tag corresponding to the bag count (in this case "1"). Folks used to do this, and if stopped on the way out of the woods by a DFWL officer they'd claim to have forgotten, but would point out that they had indeed "tagged" their animal. The thinking was: If you can get all the way home without being stopped, you stash the elk then head back out for another one 'cuz your tag's still blank. The wardens got wise to this like 50 years ago. Well, the boys got stopped on their way home and their story didn't fly. They both lost their animals, their trucks, their rifles (one was a beautiful Sauer 200 .30-06 w/leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x56mm scope that I'd sold his Dad), and were both fined $2000. To boot, they can't hunt in the state for 10 years, and even then they would have to file for a special dispensation. Howz that for ruthless?

snaxforgandhi said:
Howz that for ruthless?

I got divorced.

I know ruthless :rofl:

I cant understand how power is given to remove all this equipment, what happens to it?

Latest posts

Back