Dehumidifier with a grow tent ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
i have a grow tent ( 120 cm X 120cm X 200cm ) with 600W hps, a exhaust fan and an active intake.i pull fresh air from my balcony via a 350m3 extractor and a i use a 400m3 extractor as a exhaust and it extract the air from tent to outside of the house.

i am thinking to put a dehumidifier at my balcony and infront of my active intake like that picture and my plan is below . please tell me if dehumidifier is work like that ?

zz.jpg

air.JPG

HI,

As long as the dehumidifier is in the same room as the grow tent it should drop the humidity in the bedroom. Your intake fan as well as air sucked into your tent's cracks by your exhaust fan will supply the air from your dehumidified bedroom... If it is close to your intake the air might be a bit warm and effect your grow tent temps. Are your temps pretty good right now? Are you using A/C? I have a Whirlpool dehumidifier and it puts off quite a bit of heat when it blows out the treated air... Some models might put out less heat than mine so I'd suggest making sure you buy a dehum from somewhere that you can take it back if you don't dig what's going on. What works for me is having my grow in a bedroom closet with an A/C window unit in the bedroom to take care of temps and most of the humidity. I keep the Whirlpool Dehum in the bedroom and it helps to pull the humidity down more. The A/C deals with whatever heat the unit puts out...

I just noticed that you have the dehum outside... I don't think that will work. I think you'd have to keep it in the bedroom for it to be effective... I think your intake would suck in as much untreated air as it would air from the dehumidifier... And outside most of your dehumidified air is going to escape into the atmosphere...

Cheers...

Latest posts

Back