Did I do somethng wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
Harvested on the 16th, jarred on the 20th, been airing the jar 2 times a day for 10-15 minutes each time.

Smell/taste is not present at all in the bubblelicious, supposed to smell and taste like pink bubblegum. Neither is identifieable yet.

At what point should the taste and smell start coming out assuming I did everything right.

i think i read some where that not all of them will smell or taste like bubble gum.. but i havent growed that yet so dont know for sure but i bet you will get a better answer before long..

so were they dry enough 2b jarred after 3 days? im going to say around 2 wks of curing then chlorophyl will prob. be broken down enough 2 smell & taste. oh yeah my bubs are coming down sat.

i have yet to dry and jar anything that did not smell like some good sheet.i have not grown this strain yet,but have seeds for them.give it some time and see.

They were drying 4 days before being put in the jars, They are not big buds so they dried quickly crispy on the outside. They were in the jar for 24 hours then pulled back out for 24 hours to get rid of the moisture again, then back into the jar, then opened for he last few days 2 times a day.

That would suck if the one female I have been using this whole time os one that doesnt have the bubble gum taste and smell....I cloned her out about 16 times so far......these are the first harvests.

could the fact that they were harvested due to weather at 7 weeks be a factor?

It sounds like you jarred them too early, if they were only drying for 3-4 days, and they had so much moisture that they had to be taken out of the jars... Buds should not be jarred until the stem snaps, when the outside feels crisp then it is time to go into paper bags to finish the slow dry, after a few days in paper bags then the stems should be snappy... Then and only then is it time for jars... You do not need to use the paper bags after hanging but the stems still need to be snappy when bent... If the stems are still bendy then the cure is not going to do what it should and you really risk mold.

If you have access to paper bags I would put the buds in a paper bag for a day or so to let them dry more, then move em back to the jars, when they are fully dry

Thanks Mass

The problem was that the buds are small and airy, they had alot of stem material they were attached to. The buds were so dry on the outside i thought they were gonna fall apart long before the stems were able to snap. After 24 hours in the jar they were not crisp again so i took them out and let them get crispy again, then back into the jar.

I read on here that alot of people dont do the paper bag step and go straight from hang to jar....thats why i skipped the step....

After reading DJ Shorts article I believe It has not been long enough yet....Patience is a biatch! I still have at least 7-10 days before I should notice the cured process working.

Latest posts

Back