Diesel, Cheese et al

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
Do these strains actually smell (taste?) like their names? They are mostly sativas so I don't mess with em, but I see all sorts of this Diesel and that Cheese in dispensaries. I love cheese, but pot that smells like cheese and pot that smells like fuel? Neither of the above sound particularly tasty.

I've smoked Diesel. It straight up tastes like someone poured kerosene over grapefruit. Dense dense dens bud, and very fragrantly strong. Very potent, hit me like I had a few drinks with a sativa bzz on the side...

Never had cheeze.

My dead skunk cut did indeed smell like a dead skunk....

I grew a Cheese Candy auto
Smelled very much of Candy both while growing and once cured and chopped for my bong, however the taste was very spicy and nothing like the smell.

If you can't tell I really liked the diesel. Try it u may like it too...if not send it my way ;)

Now that I think of it, I tried some Northern Cheese (presumably a cross between some form of NL and some form of Cheese) a while back from a local dispensary. It was a rather dull head-focused high and the flavor was virtually nonexistent. :confused:

I've heard scuttle butt regarding the cheese. Apparently it's not a very long-lasting buzz as well tho I've yet to grow anything "cheese" related.

Used to grow out a cut of rocksters cheese. 84 days from the flip, big dense buds, citrusy smell mixed with a cheesy funk. Very big producer. My cancer patients loved it, especially edibles or extracts made from it.

I've never been a fan of any of the diesels that I've come across (grown or bought). I ran a Tahoe cut that produced huge, but I could never get used to the taste and smell. I ask could never keep any in stock because it sold so fast. If it sells but I don't smoke it, it will still get a spot in my tent.

unless you know a dispensery that has a good diesel or cheese strain try a few out, get a few grams of a few different types, i personaly enjoy just about any strain that does the trick. or do a pick n mix on attitude and try a few different beans yourself.

Latest posts

Back