DILL for Mites...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
Ok, i've not a clue as to what DILL is...But i'd just recently read that there's a certain type of the herb Dill that will keep mites at bay if grown in your garden...If anyone has any information to this let me know, if ya know the type of dill that would be awesome...

I don't know anything about using it as a mite repellent but there is only one dill plant. It has several parts that people use, it has seeds used as a spice, leaves that can be used fresh or if you dry the leaves you then have dill herbs. It's really easy to grow but should also be available at your local grocery store. I would think you would need the oil which is extracted from fresh leaves, also available at the local grocer.

Hey Uk, have ya ever heard of any first-hand experiences of using DILL as a repellant??? Or any links or reading material about it..??? seems like a great alternative to other solutions for mites ...Althought i doubt that dill would rid your room of mites, but may discourage them from nesting maybe ...I'd like to know more about it tho

ok no personall use as yet ,with dill , but my mom uses a lot of them on her allotment with great results :D
here are 2 links pretty much simalar to each other ,,,

hxxp://green-house.tv/group/ozarksgardengroup/forum/topics/1359573:Topic:16632

hxxp://organicgardens.suite101.com/article.cfm/natural_garden_pest_control

hope they tell ya what you need to know :D

i am experimenting with it..I believe and I have planted them in with MJ plants..from what i have read they dont care for the smell...and only keeps them away from near by plant..but like I said I have read on it and have placed some in grow room..I will let you know my findings:aok:

Excellent, i'm just in the stages of creating a garden from scratch so this is real good to know thanx guys ;)

Even if it doesn't work at least you got you own supply to make a repellent out of it :)

let us know how that works out but i just use Azatrol

I'd normally go buy something to cure whatever it is but i just figure if i doing a garden an it works then it be kinda foolish not to try it ;)

i have dill planted in the ground around my plants, and today, i noticed the beginning of mite damage on several plants. so, my findings, it was a bust OD for me. someone else with different conditions may get better results.

time for the garden safe, and 7.

Back