disaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Big Dave x

Reaction score
Quick question.. My plants need feeding every third day... Problem is they've now gone a week without water.. Am I likely to find my plants dead or do you think they can be recovered? Do you think they're stressed beyond bothering with?

Thanks ppl.

are they in dirt? if so I would water em...then once they recover some start with light nutes..

'sup 2dog :)

Yep their in soil... I'll give 'em a plain watering, i've got some rhizotonic as well so i'll use that on the 2nd watering. Im crossing my finger's they'll make it. Thanks for the post 2dog.

They should bounce back. In soil I have seen them laying over and have recovered in veg.

captain1 said:
They should bounce back. In soil I have seen them laying over and have recovered in veg.

Thanks :) you've put my mind at rest, I couldn't sleep last night because I was stressing about 'em so much.

Next time you take off for the holidays, take a big towel and fill up a bowl full of water, the bigger the better. Put one end of the towel in the bowel and the other on the table, then put your plants on top of the towel. They will wick moisture from the towel and the towel will replace it from the bowel. It kept my girls looking great while I was gone for a week :D

I even balanced a full 2L of water upside down in the bowel, as the water level in the bowl dropped it allowed air into the bottle and let water out, extending it even further. They didn't even wilt.

I think I am going to have to build an automatic watering system of some kind. Actually, thinking about it, I grow in coco so that should allow me to use a simple drip feed to each pot. Maybe if I hang a modified 5 gallon water bottle in the corner, filled with an appropriate nute mix, and run a length of 1/4 clear PVC tubing... I think I recall seeing cheap distribution components in Home Despot... wow I was in Lowes today and when I got to the PVC water fittings section it was like fittings paradise, kind of like propane for the king of the hill. It probably stirs atavistic memories of childhood Lego. Can you tell if I have been testing the Domina tonight? :huh: :stoned:

Latest posts

Back