Disease or sign of maturity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumazaj

Reaction score
This is my 1st grow. a feminized "white diesel" by White Label. been vegitating for more than a month under 150W MH.

I tried new nuts last week, and it was too strong. bottom leaves severly damaged (changed to yellow/brown spots and died). I saved it with a good flush, but it stopped growing. I checked the PH, and it was down to 6! So I used some lime from a grow shop (half the dose), and next day the plant grew 1.5" (it reached 13").

Couple of days later, I notice that the new small leaves and the top of the plant, are changing to light green (color unifirmly changes from the inside of the leaf towards out). I assumed this was a sign of maturity, because I've seen many pictures of plants on this forum with the same coloring. Pictures #1 & #2 show the problem i'm talking about (it's hard to see the coloring in the photos).

My concern now is that I found a bottom leaf experiencing the same light color, but as a circle on the tip of the leaf (pic #3). I'm not sure if this is because of the Nut burn from last week, or is it the same coloring/problem that is on other leaves!

Your input would be helpfull

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

It looks fine to me!! small spots like those are normal... i wouldn't be wooried as long as new growth come up... good luck!

looks to me like its just recivering from you over fert mistake...it will be fine man.

i haVe seen the new growth of mine turn a yellow cause it didn't get enough light.

thanx guys..

Omen, I doubt that light is the problem. the plant is 13" high only, and i got white walls all around it (plus a 150W MH 12" above)..

The spot didn't grow since the picture was taken.. I would assume it was over fert

nothing to worry about man. MJ is a really strong plant and can take alot of stress and be fine come harvest. it isn`t "normal" to have brown spots, it`s obviously an early warning of something going wrong, but it looks like the left-over effects from your hot dose of ferts most likely.
good luck man, they look great BTW.

Latest posts

Back