distilled water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good. Has 0 PPM in it . People buy filters to get thier water to 0 PPM

My opinion.
I always thought that the PH was much lower than 6.5.
I thought it was better to have water in a tube with a bubble stone from a fish tank putting oxygen in it. Rather than worrying about purity. This way most nasty's evaporate.

Distilled water could get expensive to use.

When i was growing in Florida i used AC condensation.i had a big house and kepr iit cold for my grow and me,lol. I got alot of it daily because it was so hot and humid. I hooked a hose up where it would drain into buckets. My DWC girls loved it.

When i was growing in Florida i used AC condensation.i had a big house and kepr iit cold for my grow and me,lol. I got alot of it daily because it was so hot and humid. I hooked a hose up where it would drain into buckets. My DWC girls loved it.

I had wonder about doing that......... easy the get water in the south that way.

Yep,,,thats free distilled water. I got damn near 2 or 3 gallons a day.

My opinion.
I always thought that the PH was much lower than 6.5.
I thought it was better to have water in a tube with a bubble stone from a fish tank putting oxygen in it. Rather than worrying about purity. This way most nasty's evaporate.

Distilled water should run about 7.0 pH--totally neutral. Bubbling water does not remove anything but chlorine (does not even remove chloramine). All the other nasties stay in the water. Only treatment removed dissolved solids, not bubbling, not filters.

Also be careful using water from condensation coils as real nasties can live there (check out Legionnaire's Disease).

But unless your water is high in dissolved solids you do not need to use distilled water, which can get expensive. Water has some things in it that plants need and if you remove them, you have to add them back, calcium and magnesium among them. So, get your water tested, find out what is in it and what the ppms are and that will tell you whether or not YOUR water is good for your plants.

Yeah my AC water was from a new Unit. Never seen one that dirty, i have always kept my AC drain pans clean, but as Thg stated you dont need Distilled water. Good tap water allowed to set 24hrs would be just fine. Just check your PH.

I am using a reverse osmosis system, the main problem with Distilled or R/O water is that it has NOTHING in it. So if you use it, you have to make sure that your nutes contain all the micronutrients your plant needs.

I just did a grow using distilled water and to be honest it was easy and I know exactly what I'm putting in there. 5 gals runs around 3.99 I sorta have a machine to make my own :)

Check out Azomite, I am currently doing a grow with azomite amended soil and r/o water, so far everything seems to be in check

Latest posts

Back