Distinguishing between overwatering and underwatering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doman

Reaction score
Alright, well I know that when you underwater a plant, it will look the same as overwatering. However, are there any major differences in the plant with the situations? I think what I noticed, but I'm not sure is that
On underwatered plants, the whole thing will droop, leaf stem and all, but on overwatered plants, it's just the actual leaf part that looks like crap and droops, but the leaf stem stays firm. Is this a reasonable assumption?

don`t know man, but i`d like to know the answer too:confused: .

theres a big diffrent it your soil if its wet when it happens its over wat. but if its dry make your own coclusion

Normally the soil is like mud when you over water, or don't have enough air exchange in your medium of choice.Over-watering can also come from your soil not having enough drainage and holding too much water for far too long.

When you under water your soil is usually dried out more than completely.. for more than a couple days. It takes a few days for plants to show underwatering symptoms but only a few hours to a day to show overwatering symptoms.

Get moister control miracle grow soil and it will fix all your problems asap, with overwatering anyways.

theres a big diffrent it your soil if its wet when it happens its over wat. but if its dry make your own coclusion

Pretty much sums it up

What about in hydro? If you aren't using soil.... Does anyone know how to tell if it's overwatered or underwatered? My leaves are droopy but stems arent. They've been constant like this for 3 days. I'm stumped on the problem, and so are my friends... they are on a timer watering from a resivour for an hour four times a day. This i'm told is sufficient. And they dont seem to be overwatered because they are drinking a lot.

Latest posts

Back