DIY EZ -Cloner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any particular reason why you went with CPVC over standard PVC?

Yea good question LHL,I will be building 1 of those cloners this weekend,I was just gonna substitute plain pvc thats what the pics look like,all the cpvc Ive seen where always tan or brown and the pics the pipe is white like plain pvc,thats why I came up with the plain pvc.
Anyways Im hoping to be able to get some clones from this cloner if this doesnt work im growing seeds lol.

Hi guy's thanks for havin a look! I used cpvc because I was told its a harder substance than pvc, Don't no if this was true but the person I got the idea from used the same! So I'm sure pvc would work also I just like to build with what Ive seen used!

Ok now for the misters do you have a link to what you used exactly? I'd like to see if I could get something comparable locally.

There's a franchise here in Canada Called Homegrown Hydroponics I believe they have a web site also, they are called 360 degree spray misters, I'm sure if you go to any local hydro shop they'll have something exactly like this if not there's tons of web sites that'll have'em. Hope that helps!

Phatpharmer

Hey LordHighLama,I got my sprayers at lowes here, they have various gallon per hour sizes, look for irrigation supplies and man y web sites have sprayers.
Hope this helps you.

Well,ok after some searching I found a pump 330 gph,and a few fittings I had most every thing else,I also had to buy a tote,rubbermaid but not 11 gal,mine is 14 gal.
Got it running now seems nice so far,between this cloner and buying my water clones shouldnt be a issue now :)

Green Mojo To All....

:watchplant::lama:

100_1454.jpg

100_1456.jpg

100_1457.jpg

Ok PhatPharmer,

Need more details,Lights,how close 24/7 or ?

Plain water ph ?

Do you have any trouble with the sprayers plugging up ?

Any additives like olivias ?

Any nutes?

DO you run your pump 24/7 or is it on a timer ?

Any troubles with res. temps ?

Do you run a air stone ?

Do you use a res heater ? if so what temps do you run?

Not trying to be a pain but I have a lot of faith in this cloner and Im tired of screwing up lol.
Just wanna make sure Im doing the right things to make it a sucess.

Have you tried flora shield,or flora kleen in it ?

Thanks for Now,

If I can think of any more I will ask lol

Happy Green Mojo :)

:watchplant::lama:

Ozman here's the answers you wanted:
-My light is 16-20 inches away from clones I use 2ft floro's
-I put the PH of the water at 5.8 and change every 4 days
-I have had no probs with spayers clogging but there cheap enough to replace easily
-I add no additives
-I run the pump 24/7
-I use a heating pad(Walmart) to help keep my temps at 78-80 degrees
-no airstones(pointless)
-no heater just the pad
-I havent tried any of the flora products but I have tried others and they make no difference at all Ph'ed water is all you need!

Hope that helps and your cloner looks sweet!

Phatpharmer

Thanx phatpharmer for the nfo.I have my cloner full now of 25 cuttings Im counting the days till the roots show.If this works I will be in heaven.
Thanx again yours was the inspiration I needed to get this done.

:watchplant: :lama:

Question what size are the tubes I know you are using 1/2 O.D. but what is the I.D. size?

I used 1/2 inch pvc like you find at your local hardware store or lowes.
I just grabbed a piec of my 1/2 inch pvc pipe,7/8 outside diameter and almost 5/8 inside diameter.Wall thickness 1/4 inch.
Hope it helps :)

ozman said:
I used 1/2 inch pvc like you find at your local hardware store or lowes.
I just grabbed a piec of my 1/2 inch pvc pipe,7/8 outside diameter and almost 5/8 inside diameter.Wall thickness 1/4 inch.
Hope it helps :)

Sorry I meant the rubber hose that would be used for the clones? I wanted to know the inner and outer diam. of them. Meaning "1/2" O.D. and the "???" I.D. or it does not matter what the inner one is?

Thanks

Ah ok ,I understand now,I used 1/2 inch id and 3/4 od.I used what I found at my hardware store.:watchplant: :lama: I also used my glue gun to fasten them to the lid,its easy to clean off and cheap,and looks ok.

:watchplant: :lama:

act 002.jpg

act 004.jpg

Hey all,Ive made some changes to my aero cloner,since I lost all 25 in it.
I have since added a 5 head fogger,I will also run the pump,I figure if they both are good ways to clone then I should combine them together,since I have such terrible luck with clones.
Im running straight water,no nothing added not even ph.I think my temps will be cooler as well.Tomorrow Im getting a timer for the fogger I figure 15 on 15 off,should also help the fogger does generate heat,I may also have to add a gallon of water to help with temps dont know yet.A added benefit of the fogger is it will sterilize the water thats got to be a plus.
The pics enclosed is with the pump off just the fogger running.

:watchplant: :lama: :bolt:

act 001.jpg

act 002.jpg

act 003.jpg

act 004.jpg

ozman said:
Hey all,Ive made some changes to my aero cloner,since I lost all 25 in it.
I have since added a 5 head fogger,I will also run the pump,I figure if they both are good ways to clone then I should combine them together,since I have such terrible luck with clones.
Im running straight water,no nothing added not even ph.I think my temps will be cooler as well.Tomorrow Im getting a timer for the fogger I figure 15 on 15 off,should also help the fogger does generate heat,I may also have to add a gallon of water to help with temps dont know yet.A added benefit of the fogger is it will sterilize the water thats got to be a plus.
The pics enclosed is with the pump off just the fogger running.

:watchplant: :lama: :bolt:

Could the pH be the issue?

Well Ive been reading hundreds of posts around the world in different forums and the general consensus seems to be that to root the stem ph isnt a issue till roots start forming,thats 1 of the reasons I didnt add anything to the water for ph,I may be wrong in my assumptions but hey,I tried running the last time with perfect water and they all pretty much died.So I am gonna try this 1 without anything but water.
No heater,air stone,or dome.
I need clones now............ lol
Hydro system is almost ready to harvest and no clones yet.
I NEED TO GET THIS PROBLEM SOLVED........

Peace Out All

phatpharmer,

Ignoring the cleaning issue and your paranoia over the bubbles not keeping all of the cuttings/clones wet for the moment, my question is does it really work any better than the bubble cloner? I.e. does it root any quicker and does it root more consistently than the bubble cloner?

Also, was your bubble cloner essentially the same as Massproducer’s bubbler? If not what was the difference?

As everyone else has said, IT LOOKS GREAT! Congratulations.

A couple of quick questions about your stoppers –were they caps or plugs or does it really make any difference so long as they are both the same?

Also how far below the lid does the manifold go?

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Don Jones

hey guys just made a 35 site ez cloner with a 18 gal rubbermaid tube and 400 pump and about 14 misters! i follwed everyones directions and even put a 1/2 foam strip around the lid, ITS STILL LEAKING wat should i do???

Latest posts

Back