DIY EZ -Cloner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatpharmer

Growin A Lifestyle
Reaction score
Hi guy's I can't take credit for this I took 2 ideas(The Lid from Massproducer and the rest from a friend) and came up with my own EZcloner! Its very simple and cost me about 60$ Canadian to build! This cloner will hold 72 cuttings, you don't have to make it this big or you can make it bigger its all on your needs! EZ-cloners cost anywhere from 250$ to 500$ so this is a very economical solution:hubba: so lets begin!

First a list of Materials:
10ft- 1/2 inch cpvc pipe (Lowes 7$)
4 -1/2 inch L connectors (Lowes .69 cents ea.)
4 -1/2 inch T connectors (Lowes .69 cents ea)
3 -1/2 inch stoppers(Lowes .39 ea)
cpvc glue (Lowes $4)
10ft- 1/2 inch hose (Lowes 6$)
10- 360 degree spray misters (Homegrownhydroponics $1.20ea)
1 -250gph Pump (petsmart $20)
1 -11 Gallon Rubbermaid Tub (Walmart 6$)

Tools Needed
Drill
1/2 inch drill bit(Had already)
9/64 inch drill bit(Lowes $3)
jig saw
small brush

This is everything you need with some pics at the bottom! Please dont post until I've completed and then you can ask any questions you want thanks!:hubba:

P3040098.JPG

P3040099.JPG

P3040100.JPG

P3040101.JPG

First step I did was to make the lid so I took my time and carefully measured where to put my holes! I used MassProducers Idea as it not only gets the most cuttings in a small space its cheap! So I measured out 8 rows of 9 and drilled 1/2 inch holes (pics at bottom) this is why you need a drill and 1/2 inch bit! I cut the 10ft 1/2 inch hose into 1 1/2 inch pieces to put in the holes I've drilled! I haven't put the pieces in yet but you can do this now or at any point!:hubba: Now for a quick smoke and then I'll start the manifold!

P3040112.JPG

Now for the fun part! What I did was I measured the inside of Rubbermaid Container and found I needed to cut 1 picece of cpvc 15 inches long for one side and 2- 7 inch pieces of cpvc pipe for the other side (you'll see why I cut 2- 7 inch pieces in a second) then I cut a 10 inch piece of cpvc for one end and 2- 4 1/2 inch pieces of cpvc for the other end(again you'll see why I cut 2- 4 1/2 inch pieces in a second). Next I cut a piece 8 inches long for the middle, I also cut a piece 4 inches long to run to the pump! I hope this is making sense as I'm really stoned:hubba: !

OK now to put it together first grab 2 of your T connectors ! First join your 2- 4 1/2 inch cpvc pieces to 1 of the T connectors, Next join your 2- 7inch cpvc pieces to a T connector, now that you've connected those together you should have 2- 10inch ends and 2- 15 inch sides! Now you should see why we had to cut the wierd pieces ealier to make room for the T connectors!

Now grab the 4- L shaped connectors and join all sides together to make a square! You should notice that both of T connectors haven't been joined by anthing yet but here we go!Grab the 8 inch piece of cpvc and put it in the side T connector facing in not down(you'll see why in the pics in the bottom) and add an end stopper to that 8inch piece.

Now grab the 4 inch piece of cpvc we cut ealier and put that in the end T connector (this is for the pump). It should now look like pics at the bottom! Also I didn't glue anything as I want it to clean easy! Now for another quick smoke and I'll be back to show my next step!:hubba:

Ps Don't worry about the black things on one of the pics thats the next step!

P3040102.JPG

P3040103.JPG

P3040104.JPG

Now to add the 360 Degree misters! I carefully mapped out where I wanted to put the mister to get the most coverage in the space! So I took my 9/64inch drill bit and drilled 10 holes carefully making sure to only go through on side of the cpvc! Next I simply screwed in th misters its thst simple! Pics in previous thread!:hubba:

Now to add the Pump! Simply grab your Pump and connect it to the end T that we put the 4inch piece into ealier! You'll notice that we need to make something to hold the oppisite end of the Pump! The solution I made was this I made 2 stands with the extra cpvc I had plus the last 2 end stoppers and the last 2 T connectors! First cut 2- 8 inch pieces of cpvc next cut the middle out of the T connectors(you'll see what I mean in the pics) now put the 8 inch pieces in each of the T connectors and add the stopper to the oppiste end.(stoppers are just to make it even) This is the only spot where I use the cpvc glue I glued the the legs to the manifold for extra support! Hopefully you'll see what I mean in the pics! Well just about done but time for another smoke break!:hubba:

P3040105.JPG

P3040109.JPG

P3040107.JPG

P3040110.JPG

Basically were all done we just have to set the manifold in the 11 gallon Container and cut a hole for the Pump plug which I did and covered with a whole lot of duck tape as I want to be able to take apart easily! So here's the final out come and it works awesome! I'm going to be putting cuttings in the beast this Sunday as soon as I run it for a couple days to work out temps and stuff, but its been running for 3 or 4 hours now and it looks awesome with no leaks! Also I want to add if you can get a Rubbermaid container with an indented lid that way the lid is sitting down in the container somewhat, I just got lucky and bought the right one but my buddy didn't and he had to fix leaks!

Well I hope all of you guy's enjoyed this little DIY and if you have any questions just let me no on this post or by PM ,feel free to comment now if you wish as I'm done now so go crazy!:hubba:

Phatpharmer:hubba:

PS I'm going to post pics on Sunday when I take cuttings and continue updating until I have my first roots!

P3040113.JPG

P3040114.JPG

P3040111.JPG

Well its been running about 18 hour strait now and still no sign of leaks:D so I'll take cuttings Sunday and post some more pics then! I would take cuttings now but I took cuttings about 10 days ago so I want to give my Moms about 2 weeks recovery time! I'll be taking NL cuttings and C99 cuttings at that time so stay tuned!

phatpharmer said:
Well its been running about 18 hour strait now and still no sign of leaks:D so I'll take cuttings Sunday and post some more pics then! I would take cuttings now but I took cuttings about 10 days ago so I want to give my Moms about 2 weeks recovery time! I'll be taking NL cuttings and C99 cuttings at that time so stay tuned!

I love C99--it was the first strain I ever grew all by myself :rolleyes:. I'll be looking forward to pictures.

I've been looking into to growing C99 and its been really hard b/c the beans cost so freaking much right now. I've seen a cross of C99 with my all time fave ISS and i've seriously been considering that one also. it really comes down to me debating if i want to pay 140 for a pack of seeds for their 40-50 day flowering time:hubba:

solarz

Well today is Sunday and like I said I'm taking cuttings today well I already did I took 32 total cuttings 20 NL and 12 C99! I also took 30 cuttings I had in a Bubble Cloner and put them in my new EZ-CLONER Mister! The thing I really like about this Cloner is you no your stems are getting wet no matter the length as you can see the mist hitting the stems! I think thats the only thing that I didn't like about my bubble cloner was you couldn't tell if bubbles were popping enough, I was paranoid that if they weren't all the same length that they all wouldn't get wet enough!

The one other thing is cleaning my bubble cloner was a pain with all those hoses now with the EZ-Cloner Ijust run water and bleach through and its clean! So here are some pics! The cuttings in the back of the pics are the ones from the Bubble cloner if you look real close you can see about 1/2 have rooted already I just have to get some pots to plant!

The ones at the very front are C99 and the rest are NL, I also added a pic of my C99 MOM:hubba: ! And the pic showing the close up of the star stickers is showing how I now what cutting came from what Mom( green star comes from green star mom and so on...) Well hope you enjoy the pics and I'll show more pics in 10 days or so when I get roots from the cuttings I took tonight! I also hope you enjoyed this DIY

P3080115.JPG

P3080116.JPG

P3080117.JPG

P3080118.JPG

P3080119.JPG

P3080120.JPG

P3080121.JPG

Looks GREAT! I think I will be mixing this with the THG Scrog for our first clone grow. I am updating our Bag Bean grow log to show how we incorporate the ideas we stole from here. I ******* LOVE it here! (yeah got it... no cussing, sorry)

You guys make my everday better. Hope to share the knowledge and bags. :bong2:

Well this DIY was a complete success I'd have to say! After 10 days most had rooted and after yesterday the final couple showed roots so I planted today here's a couple pics of the healthy roots that I got!:hubba: So anyone doing this DIY its well worth time and effort hope you enjoyed this little DIY and if any questions just ask!

P3220178.JPG

P3220179.JPG

P3220181.JPG

P3220180.JPG

Well after a month in service and 200 clones or so later she's still going strong I'll be doing another couple hundred this month also as I'm gettig ready for the outdoor season!

Nice job man. Nice DIY post to, thumbs up for sure.

Latest posts

Back